Pact seeks a Grants and Contracts Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Sudan Youth and Women, Strengthened Together and Advancing in New Directions (Sudan STAND) Activity, an Associate Award under the Civil Society and Media-Strengthened Together and Advancing in New Directions (CSM-STAND) Africa & Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Leader with Associates (LWA) Cooperative Agreement. Sudan STAND aims to increase collaboration, sustainability, and resilience of civil society and independent media to advance the inclusion, participation and leadership of youth and women in Sudan. The activity will apply locally led, problem-driven, adaptive approaches. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity and the position will be based in Khartoum, Sudan. This position is contingent upon award.
The Grants and Contracts Director will be accountable for the Sudan STAND’s compliance and contractual management and supervise the Grants and Contracts team. Working in close consultation with the Pact’s Washington, D.C., based Global Finance Team and Grants and Contracts Team, the Director will oversee the full cycle grants process, including the sub-granting process, and ensure compliance with all Pact and USAID rules and regulations.
- Accountable for Sudan STAND’s grants and subgrants compliance and contractual management.
- Partner with Pact’s Washington, D.C. Grants and Contracts Team and Global Finance Team, provide oversight and full cycle support to the subgranting processes and mechanisms.
- Serve as the liaison between Pact and sub-grantee organizations to establish workplans, set clear targets, and manage deliverables, program and financial monitoring, and indicator tracking.
- On an ongoing and active basis, liaise with Sudan STAND’s Regional Advisors, who will directly monitor and regularly attend grantees activities in the region.
- In partnership with the Finance and technical staff, work directly with each sub-grantee to review budgets, ensuring cost reasonability, and conduct regular site visits to review both programmatic and financial process and deliverables. Partner with sub-award partners to improve their financial and compliance-relatedpolicies and processes.
- Provide training and capacity building on sub-award oversight and ensure that monitoring and oversight is cascaded down to all levels of sub-contracted and sub-granted organizations.
- Ensure that sub-contracts, sub-grants, and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with Pact and USAID policies, regulations, and branding.
- Ensure contractual obligations are met, providing oversight in the processing of contractual action, deliverables, modifications, and closeouts.
- Maintain operations tracker to document process for each grant cycle; compile and organize all grant materials.
- Supervise a team of Grants Specialists and a Grants Assistant. Provide capacity development support to team.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in contracts and grants management, including subgrants and subcontracts.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of professional management principles, theories, practices and terminology of the laws, regulations and procedure governing USAID financial management and contractual and procurement regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to partner successfully with team, partner/subgrantee organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Previous management and supervision experience required.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., as well as other relevant software.
- Sudanese nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Closing date: 9/13/2022