Syrian American Medical Society Foundation
Position: Grants Officer PRF-2303-01010-332 (Rapid Recruitment)
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Grants and Partnerships Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Last date for application: March 27th 2023
Projects, Advisory, MEAL, Project Finance, Supply Chain, Advocacy, Syria Offices, SAMS sub-Grantees and SAMS HQ
General objective of the position:
The Grants Officer is responsible for providing quality and proper stewardship of grants by developing and designing proposals, managing the grants from the start up until the closeout phase. The Grants officer will also help in ensuring that grants awarded to SAMS partners are designed and managed in a way that adheres to SAMS policies, donor requirements, and program needs.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in donor reporting processes through the coordination and drafting of high-quality donor reports (Bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, annual and final), ensuring compliance with SAMS and donor requirements; and support review of program narrative and financial reports and supporting documentation, in coordination with Project Finance, Projects, and Grants colleagues.
- Maintain an internal tracking database of donor, reporting timelines, and coordinate with the relevant stakeholders from the projects, MEAL and advisory depts. to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule.
- Organize and facilitate Grants kickoff/review meetings, in collaboration with Projects, Advisory, MEAL, Project Finance, Finance and other relevant stakeholders from the departments; and Organize grant kickoff meetings and monthly review meetings with sub-grantees to review progress, monitor implementation, field requests for support, and to ensure a clear understanding of expectations and deliverables.
- Work with colleagues in Headquarters to compile sub-grant agreements and amendments for issue to sub-grantees.
- Supporting and mainstreaming the use of SAMS grants management tools and systems.
- Under the guidance of Grants and Partnerships Manager, provide dedicated support to the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments, including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measurable targets, and developing narrative proposals.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Review SAMS Implementing partners proposals and budgets when requested, providing constructive feedback.
External Representation and Information Management
- Attend relevant coordination meetings with current and potential donors’ partners and other stakeholders when requested, as delegated by the Grants and Partnerships Manager.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use.
- Provide support to Grants Department in the organization of donors’ visits and Implementing Partners visits as well.
- Support the development of strategic communication materials, such as sector profiles, impact reports, program briefings, leadership and positioning pieces and other relevant pieces.
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in business management, social sciences or any related field.
- Minimum 2 year experience in Grants Management, Proposal writing, and Partnership management
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Grants / Partnerships Cycle Management
- Proposal Development
- Report Writing
- Sub Grant Management
- Performing Pre-Award Assessment
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link:
Deadline: 27 Mar 2023