Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 9 months
Starting date : 15/10/2022
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Yemen
Our Yemen Mission has existed since 2007. PUI is developing its integrated approach with interventions in the areas of Health, Nutrition, Food Security and WaSH. In addition, PUI works on the fight against malnutrition, support to primary and reproductive health services (supply of inputs and nutrition, medical equipment), maintenance and rehabilitation of health centers (including sanitary infrastructures), training of medical staff, etc. Today, the mission is composed of 4 projects.
What about the Grants Officer – Sanaa ?
As Grants Officer, you will be in charge of donor deadlines related to the programs, internal and external communication on the mission and you will support the Deputy Head of Mission for Programs in his daily tasks, particularly in writing proposals.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Programs: You will support the preparation and formulation of proposals and review the content and form of donor reports.
- Communication/Information: You will elaborate internal and external communication documents and participate in communication working groups.
- Representation: You will participate in external coordination meetings.
The challenges that await you :
There could be an initial period of remote work while waiting for the visas (North + South). – Security: volatile, could stay unchanged for a long time, but could change in worse at any time, – Yemen mission: 2 coordination bases (Sana’a + Aden) and 2 programme bases (Hodeidah + Mokha). Strong need for North/South programmatic and reporting harmonization.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: You are strengthened by a previous experience in humanitarian sector, and ideally by 6 months of international solidarity project management. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate excellent writing skills and organisation. All the better if you have knowledge in regulations of the main institutional donors (ECHO, EuropeAid, UN, OFDA, etc) master the project.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently and to take responsibility in a proactive approach. You demonstrate good analytical skills, organization, rigor, flexibility and the ability to manage priorities. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You have a sense of diplomacy and a good resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
Please note that vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory for this country for security and safety reasons. Compliant vaccines are those validated by the World Health Organization.
A word from the manager
« To come to Yemen, you should be calm and patient and have a good sense of humour! You’ll be working with an experienced, committed and motivated national team who excels in the field, but needs to be supported and encouraged when it comes to reporting! Lovely weather in Sana’a! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 050,00 – 2 270,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4 and 8 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.