Democracy Reporting International
Project: NDICI-Promoting Peaceful Myanmar Through Culture of Inclusive Dialogue
Form of Employment: Long Term consultancy
Position Location: Home based
Reporting lines: Program Coordinator or assigned supervisor
Type: Long Term consultancy contract, subject to availability of donor funding
Contract Start Date: As soon as possible
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a pool of Graphic Designers to work on a series of infographics and materials for activities conducted by DRI, under the NDICI-Promoting Peaceful Myanmar Through Culture of Inclusive Dialogue
Under the overall supervision of DRI Country Representative and direct supervision of DRI Programme Coordinator, Graphic Designer will perform following tasks:
- Design graphics and infographics.
- Design event invitations/event cards based on samples provided by DRI.
- Create visual communications such as adverts, branding, publicity materials and magazine layouts.
- Make info-graphic posters for social media campaign (if visibility policy allows).
- Graphic Designing of banners, posters, leaflets, printing material etc.
- Designing of DRI Briefing Papers and other publications being produced by DRI include creative data visualization.
- Experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management.
- Production of text-based videos (if needed).
- University degree in arts, design or related field (relevant professional experience and references can be provided in lieu of title)
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in designing infographics for publications, social media and/or advocacy campaigns;
- Proven graphic designing skills (especially using software like Adobe Photoshop and InDesign) for publications and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Understanding of technical assistance and democracy support field will be an asset;
Examples of possible deliverables
1 x Briefing Paper (Maximum 5 Pages, A-4 Size).
3 x Posters
5 x Backdrops /
3 x Trifold Brochures
15 x Social Media Posts
2 x Newsletters (Maximum 5 Pages, A-4 Size).
10 x GIFs
3 x Media illustrations
The expert must send a financial proposal based on a daily rate. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR (Terms of Reference), including professional fee, and any other applicable cost to be incurred by the expert in completing the assignment Payments will be done on monthly bases as per completed working days.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE BEST OFFER
Evaluation Method and Criteria
The candidates will be evaluated through Cumulative Analysis method. When using the weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of set of weighted combine technical evaluation (70%) and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by DRI for the assignment.
Technical criteria for evaluation (Maximum 70%)
- Criteria 1: Related Education
- Criteria 2: Having graphic designing skills (especially using like Adobe InDesign and Photoshop) for publications and social media platforms
- Criteria 3: Understanding in technical assistance and democracy support field will be an asset
- Criteria 4: At least 2 years of professional experience in designing info graphics for publications, social media and/or advocacy campaigns
- Criteria 5: Language requirement
How to apply
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply!
Deadline for applications is 25th November 2022. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should submit with CV, Portfolio and proposal rate send to [email protected] with Graphic Designer in the subject line.