The Communications Group (CG) provides communication support and services to UNOPS personnel and country and partnership offices around the world. CG develops communications strategies, policies, plans and channels based on communications needs and expectations; maintains and strengthens UNOPS corporate identity through official reporting to the Executive Board and other external communications, enabling accountability and transparency. CG communicates a clear direction and strategic focus, ensuring that the people of UNOPS understand and can demonstrate their contribution to its success thus facilitates and encourages the sharing of information, knowledge and best practices consequently achieving dialogue throughout the organization.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Manager- Brand and Design, the Graphic Designer will support the production and dissemination of graphics materials about UNOPS for external audiences.
· Deliver creative graphics and technical solutions, design products and publications such as reports, brochures and infographics in InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Illustrator and Word adhering to UNOPS brand manual
· Support the implementation and maintenance of the layout of reports and publications, the development of new graphics solutions and design of innovative interactive products. Assist in the production of visual materials to support the design and development needs of UNOPS communications channels
- Master’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, visual communications or related areas. A Bachelor’s degree in these fields with additional experience of 2 years may be accepted instead of the Master’s degree
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in Graphic Design is required.
- A diverse portfolio of work demonstrating a wide range of visual products targeted to specific audiences is required.
- Knowledge of digital media, visual communications and interactive storytelling methods is required.
- An understanding of development, humanitarian or international affairs is desired.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
Applicants will be selected for a technical test based on the quality of the portfolio. It is required to submit a portfolio consisting of a minimum of five documentations of designs/visual art, out of which at least three should be commissioned. The portfolio should clearly state the name of the client/organization, project name and detail, team structure (if applicable) and the applicant’s contribution to the presented work. The portfolio must include high-quality photos/documentation of work. Only PDF format will be accepted. In case, the applicant requires to direct the evaluation panel to a portfolio of moving images which cannot be presented in a PDF format, an exception of hyperlinking to the file will be accepted.
How to apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=23981