INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Head of Base Dnipro
Duty station: Dnipro
Starting date: 17/10/2022
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Dnipro base staffs
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, and paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
The war broke out in Ukraine in March 2022. Since then, millions of people have fled to the neighbouring countries, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. In order to support refugees, INTERSOS is setting up an emergency response operation in Poland, Moldova and Ukraine.
General purpose of the position
Oversee the operations, budgets and partnership of the area of responsibility.
Supervise Administration, HR and Logistics units in area of activities, ensuring operations quality, strategic planning, growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Oversee logistics, procurement, administration, finance and HR operations on site aiming to improve operations systems and processes
- Manage accountability of Administration and operations actions
- Support security analysis and Head of Mission in updating security documents in the field base and in any other security-related tasks
- Represent INTERSOS in cluster and Coordination meetings and support Head of Mission in donors relations
- Replace Head of Mission in his/her absence (breaks, leave, training, illness, etc.
- Support Head of Mission on promotion of accountability and commitment to INTERSOS charter and prevention on power of abuse
- Support coordination of emergency interventions
- Motivate and lead staffs
- Support the Grant writing process
- Cooperate with Logistics Coordinator for any logistic and procurement-related tasks in the field base
- Cooperate with Finance Coordinator for the supervision of financial and administrative aspects in the field base
- Cooperate with HR Coordinator and HR Manager for the implementation of HR procedures at field level
- Support project field staffs in the field base in the optimal and efficient administration and logistics organization for a smooth implementation of projects
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian and International Cooperation or related field
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in management of humanitarian project/programme, including financial management and logistics responsibilities
- Minimum 1 year experience in implementation of multi-sector humanitarian programming
- Minimum 1 year experience in security context analysis and management
- Experience in working in complex emergency setting and insecure countries
- Administration, finance and budget management
- Analytical thinking, analysis capacity and strategic program development skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts. Donors compliance and reporting
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Russian, or Ukrainian desirable
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Ability to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Interpersonal skills: communication, diplomacy and problem-solver
- Leadership, people management and development
- Practical, organization and problem solving
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/62c2b9fc4e53f8002132497b
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to [email protected], with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-60-2629-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Closing date: 9/29/2022