Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date : 11/01/2022
Localisation: ETH- Addis Abeba
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
What about the Head of Mission ?
As Head of Mission, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning and the development of the mission.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Safety & Security: You will be responsible for the safety & security of the mission.
- Programmes: You will coordinate the teams and ensure that the programmes implemented on the mission are properly carried out. You will also monitor needs and suggest new operations and development tracks for the mission.
- Human Resources: You will ensure that the mission is adequately staffed and supervise the teams (defining objectives, follow-up).
- Logistical, administrative and financial monitoring: You will ensure that logistical and administrative practices in place respect PUI procedures and formats and are in compliance with donors’ rules and regulations.
- Medical and technical monitoring: You will ensure that medical and technical practices respect PUI’s procedures and formats and are in compliance with PUI’s operational framework and policy.
- Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, donors, the media and different authorities.
- Relations with Headquarters: You will ensure that information is properly circulated between Headquarters and the field and ensure that due dates are respected.
The challenges that await you :
Openning of PUI mission and operations in Ethiopia. – Programming strategy and project development – Representation to authorities, donors and stakeholders – Set up PUI’s Financial, HR, Logistics, Security & MEAL frameworks in country.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Humanitarian action: project management, a technical background related to one of our activity sectors, in human resources management, financial management…
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in the field with international NGOs in project coordination, you master international team management, the project cycle and security management. A previous experience as Head of Mission or in an equivalent position would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have excellent writing skills.
- Qualities: You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills and the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong resistance to stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position.
A word from the manager
« Work hand in hand with PUI’s Emergency Department to design and develop PUI’s first operations in Ethiopia! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Executive with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 3,330.00 – 3,930.00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.