About the role
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Project Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Use financial analytical skills to bring underperforming projects to the attention of Finance Business Partners as soon as possible
- Ensure costs and recoverable expenses are accurately and promptly accounted for, including an analysis of gains and losses on exchange and costs not recovered on a monthly basis
- Responsible for ensuring a robust control environment, enforcing quality controls and conducting spot checks
- Improve the quality of balance sheet reporting
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure the smooth running of fund audits and implementing control improvements proposed by auditors
- Support Project and Fund Managers in day to day project accounting
- Responsible for ensuring team members within assigned work area(s) maintain appropriate levels of technical competence
- Review the work of project accounting team, and train and mentor them where weaknesses are identified
- Working with Commercial Business Partner to assess capacity and complexity when assigning new projects to the project accounting team
- Responsible for ensuring, in collaboration with other team managers, compliance with relevant client reporting and statutory requirements, including IATI and VFM reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance by assigned work team(s) with internal operating and control procedures
- Ensuring robust forecasting is undertaken
- Control Finance team costs through close monitoring of time recording system
- Ensuring accurate and consistent journals are posted in accordance with revenue recognition policy.
- Lead monthly contracted project review meetings
- Meeting internal and external corporate audit requirements
- Ensuring project budgets are on system and regularly monitored alongside forecast variances
- Support implementation of best practice processes and continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve performance
- Undertaking any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
- Complying with Company Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection guidelines
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent working experience
- Typically, 2 to 5 years’ post qualification experience with some people management responsibilities, ready to take it to another level. Experience in either implementing or enhancing finance systems and processes.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will always promote diversity for all candidates as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package
How to apply
Closing date: 9/18/2022