Action Against Hunger USA
Duration : 20 months Start date : 07-Nov-2022
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Planning, Implementation, management, overall supervision, and monitoring of the assigned Project(s) in line with the Action Against Hunger (AAH) policy, guidelines, and procedures and in accordance with donor and national policies and guidelines
- Ensure timely implementation of the planned activities in coordination with the Line Manager and other departments and staff
- To respond to urgent humanitarian needs caused by natural or manmade disasters through emergency interventions
- Building capacity of local stakeholders by transferring sustainable solutions and advocacy
- Representation and coordination with consortium partners, as requested based on mission/base needs
- Manage and supervise base operation in the absence of the Head of Base
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: To ensure that all programs activities are implemented within the time frame (according to proposals) in coordination and as agreed with the technical coordinators
- Represent, participate, and coordinate with project team and with consortium partner/staff in assigned areas/projects
- To ensure the efficient and effective project implementation of activities according to the approved strategies, workplan and guidelines set by the organization and funding donors in coordination with project team, consortium, and AAH technical coordinators
- Develop and maintain relationships with key DRR/CCA stakeholders at a technical level, including coordination and communication with government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries, and other external actors in the field
- Support the implementation of the projects in line with the approved proposal
- Support that all the projects of the Base have an updated project work plan/Procurement-supply plan/budget forecast on a monthly and as-needed basis integrating all departments’ activities and its dissemination to all department heads.
- Support the transparency of the procedures as well as the implementation of Donors guidelines (including the documentation of the transparent decision-making)
- Support weekly meetings are conducted with all department heads and progress and work plans are revised and updated
- Support and ensure the support departments comply with reporting requirements and timely submission of reports according to agreed formats and follow-up the contribution (in-kind) required by programs
- Support to coordinate the local partners capacity building strategy through in coordination of the Country Director (CD)
Objective 2: Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Capitalisation
- To facilitate the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual planning and updating of progress and achievements in coordination with the project staff Partners, and Capital technical team;
- To ensure the validation and consolidation of all reports from the DRR Project Officers in accordance to the monthly APR both Excel and narrative, including annexes required such as SOVs;
- To initiate the preparation of donor interim and final reports and other reports as required in coordination with the consortium lead,
- Lead capitalization of the project experience and prepare specific written documents in coordination with AAH sector coordinators
- Ensure SOVs are archived and maintain a database of photos, videos, and other multimedia documents related to the project,
- To ensure the availability of complete project documents and filed in accordance with the Archiving Guidelines
Objective 3: Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at a technical level, including donors, government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries, and other external actors in coordination with Country Director and Operation Coordinator
- Actively participate in DRR/ climate and self Help Group-related events as approved alone, or together with the DRR-CCA Referent and Technical Coordinator
- Ensure close coordination with the Partners involved in the Action to ensure cohesion with the overall design and strategy of the project.
- Disseminate relevant project information to the technical teams at Capital and Base lev as necessary
- Actively search for local capacities with the potential to give and add value to the project (NGO, institutions, universities, etc.)
Objective 4: Safety and Security
- Support the Country Director and technical team to assess and follow up on the humanitarian needs situation and support in defining possible project proposals if needed.
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with /Security officer for any security issues relating to work
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to the Country Director and Logistic coordinator / Head of Base
- Ensure the respect and compliance of the mission security rules by the team
Objective 5: Emergency Response
- Be able to render service, especially in emergency response in case of disasters in the Philippines
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Middle level or Senior Level Management Training; A degree in social science, disaster risk reduction, food security/livelihoods, and related training, facilitation and coordination Project management, monitoring and evaluation, or other related disciplines (master’s degree an advantage).
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge and experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Excellent knowledge of budget management.
- Good analytical skills and a good understanding of the problems of conflict situations.
- Knowledge of partnership development and alliances is desirable.
- Risk mitigation experience.
- Strong skills in coordination, program management, mentoring, coaching, and capacity building.
- Strong Knowledge of Humanitarian/ cooperation/international relationship
- Experience in managing projects with an INGO
- Knowledge of donor BHA guidelines and procedures.
- Should be able to work independently and with minimal supervision from the Operations Coordinator, DRR/CCA Referent, Technical Coordinator, and other relevant coordinators related to the Project
- Previous experience of at least three years in a similar position, exposure and experience in assessment, monitoring, or evaluation of projects, and, implementing and managing multi-sector interventions
- Coordination and representation with partners
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management; food Security and Livelihood capacity building and project management.
- Experience in management in an insecure context with the capacity to face a stressful situation
- Additional experience in working with conflict-affected people, ideally, Mindanao experience is desirable
- Having cluster leadership experience is desirable.
- Experience in representation, community development and participation, institutional development, and setting up of partnerships with local partners
- Excellent English and Filipino speaking and writing skills are required. Knowledge of local language is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Office package (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Frequent travel to project sites and the capital office (Manila)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid.
- Benefits: health insurance, accident, and life insurance, leave entitlement, government-mandated benefits.
- Project-based employment
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 30 September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note: Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional, and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.
Closing date: 30-Sep-22