We seek a talented candidate to manage an exciting and dynamic country portfolio (80-90% employment).
- Develop the long-term strategy and thematic orientation of the country program, in close collaboration with the country team.
- Manage Project and Program cycle, including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, log-frame development, and project documentation.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of key projects, and actively supervise the yearly plan of operations and budget execution.
- In close collaboration with the country team, develop proposals for new projects and identify new funding opportunities while also actively managing relationships with current key donors.
- Assume HR, financial management, and administration incl. recruitment, in cooperation with the SolidarMed administration unit in the country.
- Manage the relationship with the key partner organisations.
- As an active member of our International Programmes Team, you contribute to other new project developments, evaluation reviews, and knowledge management.
- Contribute to the development of our organisational capabilities.
- You are active in national and international networking events and participate in relevant conferences as a representative of SolidarMed.
- Yearly program-related international travel (up to 3 weeks per year).
What we are looking for
A passionate, results-oriented team player with relevant experience and expertise, and a proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced international environment. A development professional who desires an exciting, meaningful challenge and wants to join a professional but uncomplicated working culture in a diverse team.
You offer the following
- Minimum degree Masters-level in global public health.
- You are an experienced people manager and can demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- You have experience as a programme coordinator for at least one year in Sub-Saharan Africa or other developing countries.
- Strong analytical and research skills as well as excellent planning and organisational skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and manage multiple demands.
- Medical background with experience in developing countries’ disease areas is desired.
- Strong intercultural communication skills and proven ability to work effectively within a network structure and with project teams in different countries.
- Experience in writing convincing technical proposals and reports to institutional donors.
- Fluency in English and German; working knowledge of Portuguese or willingness to learn.
- Swiss or EU National or a valid work permit for Switzerland is essential.
An attractive benefits package commensurate with Swiss standards. Flexible working times, a stimulating environment, and a flat hierarchy. Our team combines a great mix of ambition, dedication, experience, and expertise drawn from a range of backgrounds including health, development, research, business, and charity. We encourage professional development and offer access to national and international competence networks, as well as the opportunity to participate in research.
Starting date October 2022 or as soon as possible
How to apply
Please upload your complete application to our recruiting platform here and include
- your CV
- a cover letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
- copies of your qualifications
Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV, SolidarMed only accepts electronic applications.
Deadline for applications 30th September 2022
We look forward to your application!
Closing date: 9/30/2022