NRC Burkina Faso / Niger is looking for a talented, motivated and qualified Housing, Land and Property Advisor who will actively contribute to the realization of NRC’s vision of creating a sustainable environment where IDPs, refugees and vulnerable host communities can better exercise their HLP rights. The HLP Advisor’s main role will be to ensure quality coordination on HLP matters, as well as further strengthening HLP aspects of NRC programming in Burkina Faso and Niger.
- Identify HLP trends and needs for program support and design a response in accordance with relevant legal frameworks and policy initiatives
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support related to HLP.
- Develop technical standards, SOPs and data collection tools.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposals, budgets and donor reports, as related to HLP programming.
- Develop an advocacy strategy and messages linked to HLP rights.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Assist the ICLA Specialist in developing ICLA strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs, focusing on HLP aspects.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from HLP implementation, and incorporated in the ICLA Programme and staff development processes.
- Minimum 4 years of experience on HLP programming in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Knowledge of the Sahel region
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English and French (oral and writing)
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Commencement: June 2022
- Contract: 12 months
- Grade: 8 in NRC’s grade structure.
- Duty station:Ouagadougou with field visits
Find the full job description here: JD-HLP_Advisor_March2022.pdf
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 12/04/2022