International Rescue Committee
**Job Overview:**The Housing and Logistics Specialist will assist refugees to ensure the best possible initial resettlement experience and achievement of client self-sufficiency. In coordination with the Resettlement team and the Donations & Inventory Specialist, they will supervise the provision, procurement, and quality control of pre-arrival and post-arrival resettlement goods and services for new arrivals according to established federal guidelines. They will be responsible for locating housing and ensuring that IRC clients receive appropriate furnishings. They will also participate, as required, in program planning and service developments through teams, committees and work groups and will operate under moderate supervision with latitude for the use of independent discernment and initiative.
Property Management and Vendor Relations
- Conduct apartment outreach and secure safe, appropriate, and affordable housing for refugees prior to their arrival in the US.
- Liaise with property management organizations to ensure continuing quality services to refugees.
- Research vendors to determine the best values for housing and household supplies.
- Responsible for finding and coordinating temporary housing (i.e. Airbnb) if permanent housing is unavailable by arrival date.
- Collaborate with Caseworkers to ensure smooth transition from airport to lodging post-arrival.
- Organize and lead the setup of housing, including coordinating signing of leases and communication with landlords/property managers.
- Arrange the logistics of new arrival home set-ups, including furniture orders and delivery, planning and placing purchase orders, and establishment of utility connections and home safety inspections.
- Work to secure household donations and assist Volunteer Coordinator with in-kind contributions.
- Regularly visit apartment complexes to ensure housing meets the minimum standards as laid out in federal regulations.
- Prepare and complete pre-arrival documentation for client case files.
- In collaboration with Specialists, coordinate with US Ties pre-arrival to complete U.S tie consultation form, and maintain ongoing communication regarding arrivals.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of leases maintained in case files are in compliance with IRC polices.
- Complete case notes related to all housing activities and ensure reporting requirements are met, in close collaboration with Specialists.
- Post-arrival, coordinate with US Ties to complete all required housing documents contingent of client’ housing circumstances.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and other duties as assigned by the Housing Coordinator
- Supervise and train a team of interns and volunteers who will work directly with clients and/or in the office on a variety of interpersonal and administrative tasks.
- Work as part of a team to provide comprehensive strength-based services to IRC clients through coordination of cases and effective communication between team members and departments.
- Provide additional R&P casework services, as needed.
- Align with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Housing Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Volunteers and Interns
Indirect Reporting: Resettlement Coordinators and Resettlement Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study; or equivalent work experience.
- Spanish language fluency
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in housing & coordination, including outreach, advocacy, and property management required.
- Knowledge of Bay Area’s Housing regulations, landscape, and network.
- Ability to move furniture and donations, complete household set-ups, and lift heavy objects.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
- Self- starter with excellent analytical skills combined with the demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and work efficiently.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in another language is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance, ability to drive own vehicle as needed and a company van.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website:
Closing date: 11/13/2022