International Rescue Committee
Job Overview: Reporting to the Housing Manager, the Senior Housing Specialist coordinates a team of Housing Specialists who secure and coordinate the furnishing of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees and provides related logistical support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- With guidance from the Housing Manager, divide up arriving families between different responsible Housing Specialists.
- Coordinate day to day team activities of Housing Specialists who together with the Senior Housing Specialist:
- Conduct quality control assessments of housing forms, case notes, leases stored in client case files and more.
- Train and lead the activities of support staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Complete annual evaluations of the Housing Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience required.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Superb organization, planning, and logistical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to regularly lift ~50 lbs.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website:
Closing date: 10/25/2022