Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of over 3,000 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated HR Support Officer to join our HR Team.This role is responsible for ensuring we meet all our colleagues needs, support GOAL’s People Strategy and deliver a high-quality HR Service to our stakeholders. Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner, the HR Support Officer will provide an effective and efficient employee experience with a focus on quality people service achieved by working closely with the wider HR team to deliver on process administration, coordination, and compliance. This role is a first point of contact for HR queries, ensuring timely resolution of all queries, efficient administrative services, ensuring tasks are completed to the agreed standard and that confidentiality of employee data is always maintained.
This role provides exposure to the whole employee life cycle experience, collaboration with the HR team locally & internationally and will allow the successful candidate to develop knowledge and experience of all elements of HR in a varied and dynamic environment. This role is based out of our HQ office in Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. You will work a Hybrid model, where working from home will be combined with working in the office.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Respond to queries from all key stakeholders accurately in an efficient manner
· Organise and participate in the induction, on-boarding, and off-boarding of all new employees
· HR administration management i.e., drafting employment contracts/letters/employment references etc.
· Provide advice and support at all levels in line with GOAL policies and procedures
· Management of contract issuance, renewal, and records
· Management of probation & performance management timelines
· Schedule and deliver mandatory trainings for all new employees
· Maintain query records as part of implementation of a HR Helpdesk & FAQ system
HR Data and Reporting
· Maintain and monitor all HR information ensuring it is recorded accurately across various internal systems
· Utilise HR data for Weekly & monthly HR data reporting
· Leave Management and reporting
· Maintenance of a central log of HR data as part of preparation for implementation of a HRIS
· Ensure GDPR compliance in relation to HR data
Payroll, Benefits & Invoicing
· Preparation of payroll data for upload to the payroll system monthly
· Manage administration of employee benefit schemes
· Management of HR Invoices for payment
· Providing the wider HR team with support on ad-hoc projects as required
· To identify process improvement opportunities and work collaboratively with the HR Business Partner to maximise HR department efficiencies
· Involvement in the development and implementation of various employee engagement and wellbeing initiatives
Skills / Experience
· 1 – 2 years previous experience in a HR environment
· Previous administration experience within a fast-paced environment
· A relevant third level HR or business qualification
· Enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent attention to detail and numeric ability
· Solution focused approach with an ability to solve problems
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to work off own initiative and prioritise competing deadlines .
. Strong PC Skills, knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint – Advanced MS Office skills are essential
· CIPD member/associate (desirable)
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment. GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.** All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
How to apply
Please apply through our website at: https://www.goalglobal.org/careers/?vacancy=4152641&gh_jid=4152641