International Organization for Migration
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Coordination Office for the Mediterranean and Chief of Mission in Italy and Malta and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Coordinator (HRC), the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the daily tasks related to personnel administration in the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical assistance for the smooth running of HR processes and activities in the office.
- Provide general assistance in recruitment processes including but not limited to circulation of vacancy announcements, interview arrangements, preparation of materials necessary for the interviews and technical tests, support with reference checks , sending out messages to candidates, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR, paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy, input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation.
- Maintain orderly personnel files of staff (electronic and hard copies).
- Assist in the retrieval, drafting and formatting of letters, notes and other HR correspondence as instructed.
Required Qualifications and Experience: Education:
- Secondary school with at least three years of relevant working experience; or
- University degree with at least one year of relevant working experience.
- One year of progressively responsible clerical experience, in particular in personnel/administration work.
- Good spoken/written communication and organizational skills;
- Patient, tactful, accurate and a good team player.
- Fluency in Italian and English.
Required Competencies: Values
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Other: Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19. This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Italy will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on Personal History Form via e-mail at [email protected]. The reference code SVN 2022 11 HR Clerk must be clearly indicated in the e-mail subject otherwise the application will not be correctly routed.
Candidates who do not possess the above requested qualifications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, soon after the closing of the Vacancy.