United States of America
Job Overview/Summary: The HR and Systems Manager oversees and implements the region’s human resource activities, systems management, and compliance/quality assurance efforts and maintenance, providing a spectrum of services from tactical to strategic. They lead a team of staff and form part of the program management team for RAI’s Georgia and Florida-based offices (GA/FL). They contribute to strategic HR direction setting and compliance/systems management through their areas of professional expertise. As the HR lead for GA/FL, this individual will collaborate closely with the Regional HR Partner to achieve compliance with organization-wide policies and procedures and progress toward the department’s People Plan. They also advise and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure compliance with programmatic policies and procedures. The HR and Systems Manager is expected to be located in or around the Atlanta area and will serve the Florida offices remotely.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to**
· IRC Way: Model, promote and uphold a culture of values as reflected in our code of conduct, The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct – Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
· HR Knowledge: Serve as a reliable source of HR policies, practices, and processes in response to employee and/or supervisor requests, ensuring compliance with internal and external standards and applicable labor laws, including Georgia- and Florida-specific labor law. Support the development and refinement of key HR lifecycle processes as needed.
· Note: many services are centralized in NYC-based HQ, such as benefits; HRIS data entry and payroll
· Employee Relations: Facilitate resolution of escalated issues related to basic employee welfare needs regarding benefits, payroll, HRIS, Leaves of Absence, and general employee questions.
· Employee Relations: Support resolution of sensitive employee relations matters and workplace investigations.
· Talent Acquisition: In conjunction with hiring managers and HQ partners, responsible for overseeing all aspects of recruitment processes including job description development, job postings, review of resumes, interviewing, reference checks, background checks, and job offers.
· Talent Acquisition: Provide onboarding of new staff, with the goal to ensure new hire and orientation practices are implemented in accordance with IRC standards.
· HR Administration: Manage and maintain electronic office personnel records of employees and prepare all paperwork with supporting documentation for all Workday transactions to include new hires, staff transfers, supervisory changes, separations, etc.
· HR Administration: Oversee leave and attendance records for all staff; ensuring management and employees have accurate PTO data to make appropriate decisions.
· Talent Management: Participate in core talent activities as relevant and become proficient in delivering select training and development seminars.
· Talent Management: Support implementation of location-specific talent management strategy.
· Employee Exits: monitor and intervene as necessary to ensure IRC standards are met for separation forms, exit paperwork, and exit surveys.
· Manage the background check procedures for staff, and independent contractors.
Grant & Policy Compliance and Systems Management:
· Review grant and contract agreements prior to execution to certify programmatic data collection methods will ensure compliance and contractual requirements.
· Partner with program teams to develop, implement, and track compliance with a Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) protocol for each grant (at an award level threshold to be determined).
· Manage the onboarding, maintenance, and reporting of all data and personnel systems, as well as acting as the point of contact with external system providers.
· Lead program monitoring/audit preparation efforts.
· Develop and modify policies, procedures, and systems in accordance with government regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
· Serve as point of contact with IRC headquarters for ETO and IRIS databases.
· Lead a team in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards: Manage performance, develop direct reports, share time and credit, and create an inclusive environment.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration; or equivalent experience
- PHR, SPHR, or related certification preferred
- Relevant professional experience in human resources field required; minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an HR support function or service center.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one human resource discipline including: employee relations, compensation, talent acquisition, performance management, learning and development, organizational development, etc.
- Prior experience leading workplace investigations and supporting the resolution of employee relations matters preferred.
- Prior experience managing large scale compliance practices and systems management.
- Experience in a large, matrixed organization a plus.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Foundational knowledge of HR concepts, including Federal & State employment laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly learning agile: capable to adapt quickly to change and apply new information and skills to work duties.
- Self-motivated to plan, prioritize, and problem solve independently.
- Ability to build and foster effective and positive working relationship with colleagues and maintain confidentiality to the highest degree.
- Highly Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Workday and applicant tracking systems a plus.
- Experience in IRIS, ETO, RPGIS, and Integra systems is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English; written and spoken.
- Facilitation, Change Management and/or Project Management experience a plus.
- Experience successfully working in a multicultural environment.
- A combination of standard office environment and remote work.
- Occasional travel to Florida offices as required.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply