We are looking for HSP Programme Coordinator:
- To operationally manage medium to large-scale emergency responses to meet humanitarian needs. The post holder will be expected to manage the entire operational programme, from emergency programme design to implementation and programme-related advocacy/policy work. Post-holder will also be expected to help Oxfam’s programmes to better prepare and help communities at risk to deal with future shocks and stresses. The post holder will also be expected to cover key vacant posts including at the country director (smaller country programmes) level.
- Be accountable for ensuring community participation shapes programme decisions, actively seek a partnership approach and worked following feminist principles including strong awareness of power dynamics.
- To, along with other technical staff, advisors and managers, promote safe programming in all humanitarian responses. To be accountable for ensuring community participation shapes programme decisions, actively seek a partnership approach and worked following feminist principles including strong awareness of power dynamics.
What we are looking for
Our next HSP Programme Coordinator will require to be accountable for the operational management of medium to large-scale Oxfam emergency responses. The post holder will undertake a series of assignments for which specific Terms of Reference will be negotiated and agreed upon with relevant parties, prior to, and or revised in the early stages of the deployment.
Typically, the post holder will be responsible for a budget of between four and twelve million Euros, a programme that assists between two hundred thousand and a million people and a matrix-managed team of between fifty to two hundred staff. The post holder will:
- Promote collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders in regions (Regional Humanitarian Coordinators, Country Directors, country programme staff and partners) and Global Humanitarian Team colleagues in the Delivery, Strategic Focus Areas, and Quality and Capacity teams to support the delivery of effective, high-quality humanitarian programmes in line with Oxfam’s vision for humanitarian preparedness and response
- Promote integrated, gender-aware humanitarian responses which demonstrate accountability to beneficiaries and are consistent with Oxfam policies and international quality standards
- Ensure that programme design and implementation are consistent with Oxfam’s quality and accountability standards, emergency guidelines and protocols, the Core Humanitarian Standard and that work meets Sphere Standards and other external quality commitments.
How to apply
Closing date: 9/7/2022