International Institute for Human Security
The mission of the International Institute for Human Security (IIHS) is to promote knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer related to six societal stabilizer areas of human security, good governance, food security, indigenous rights, climate protection, R2P, women, migrants, and Modern-Day Slavery, as tools to meet the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further information can be found at: www.forhumansecurity.org
Reporting to the Head of Programming, the Volunteer Regional Coordinator Europe has two primary tasks 1) serving as a representative to the IIHS on advocacy activity related to the societal stabilizer area on human security of good governance. Representation is reflected through keeping the IIHS team and other Regional Coordinators updated on global news related to good governance and leading activity of IIHS’s advocacy activities. 2) serving as a liaison between the IIHS and locally based actors in the region active in all the IIHS’s six areas of focus. The incumbent will bring liaison and diplomacy skills as well as a passion for supporting locally based peacebuilding actors in the NGO and academic sectors. The position has people, coordination, and communication skills as core competencies; the individual should also be regionally based, ideally in Brussels, Geneva, or Paris, with regular access to the internet.
What does success look like?
- Work with the Head of Programming to ensure program essence and implementation.
- Promote the Institute and the flagship program, Core Program for Leaders and Changemakers in the region
- Serve as IIHS regional representation to international bodies
- Maintain a standard of excellence in all relationships representing IIHS and its mission and vision at all times.
- Effective working with a remote international team.
- Fluency in English
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Fluency in oral and written English and French
- Access to high-speed internet
- Interpersonal skills to work with individuals at all levels
- Strong belief in volunteer work and experience working with other volunteers
- Strong belief in the core values of IIHS
Time expectation: (estimated) less than 5 hours per week
How to apply
Send cover letter, cv, and references to: [email protected] with the subject line: Europe Regional Coordinator (RC).
*Please note that due to the high volume of volunteer applicants, only candidates moving forward in the process will be contacted.
Closing date: 14-Oct-22