Green Belt Movement
The Green Belt Movement (GBM) is a non-governmental organization founded in Kenya in 1977 by Professor Wangari Maathai. The Movement’s work focuses on conserving the environment by empowering rural women and communities through environmental education, supporting conservation and climate change mitigation activities in Kenya, and creating livelihood safety-nets at household level.
Green Belt Movement is looking for an independent consultant to assist in preparation for two projects audits and the overall institutional audit for the year 2021 and 2022. This review and support engagement is expected to take not more than 21 working days. The assignment must be completed by 24 April 2023.
- Location: Nairobi, Green Belt Movement Headquarters
- Required: Immediately
Scope of Work
The Independent Financial Consultant will assist in preparation for two projects audits and the overall institutional audit for the year 2021 and 2022.
Specifically, the consultant will review, advice and ensure the following:
- Review grant contracts, budgets, schedules and other projects and organizational documents;
- Review financial and narrative reports for the audit period;
- Review and ensure completeness of all the payment vouchers and support documents for the audit period according to the submitted financial report;
- Review and ensure reconciliation and completeness of staff time sheets and payroll and statutory returns;
- Review and ensure reconciliation of both cash and bank statements;
- Review and ensure year-end entries and reconciliation in preparation for the overall institutional audit;
- Review adherence to each specific projects and budget lines within each project;
- Review adherence to authority or approval to incur expenditure;
- Review board approvals for the expenditures as required;
- Review adherence to all GBM and donor policies relating to financial management and procurement;
- Assist in reviewing, preparing and filing of any other document in preparation of the said audits;
- Perform any other related issues as may be deemed necessary in the course of the consultancy; and
- Prepare a final report showing identified findings and how they were addressed in preparation for the two projects audits and the overall institutional audit for the year 2021 and 2022.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA –K holder;
- A minimum of five years of experience with financial management, including financial controls, accounting, reporting and audit;
- Must have carried out at least three similar assignments in support of audit preparation;
- Familiarity with grants management, including demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations, and reporting requirements is an added advantage; and
- Experience with accounting software like QuickBooks.
How to apply
To apply for the Independent Financial Consultant, applicant should submit a detailed work plan that includes a quote for total cost.
They should also send a cover letter and CV in one document outlining their suitability to: [email protected] by 26th March 2023 with the subject lineIndependent Financial Consultant Application.
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023