International Organization for Migration
As part of its support to the Government of Belgium, IOM assists with the establishment and management of accommodation centres for persons seeking international protection in Belgium. This support spans from the establishment of accommodation centres where needed to the day-to-day operations of the centre.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Information Management Coordinator will be, inter-alia, responsible for:
- Overall coordination of information and data management across all IOM Centres in Belgium.
- Develop IOM Information Management country strategy for Accommodation Centres. Develop the relevant SOPs for Data Collection, Data Storage & Data Sharing – compliance with IOM Data Protection Principles.
- Develop and implement Information Management systems: Population monitoring and Program monitoring (indicators, outputs etc.). Develop a standardized tool for registering & monitoring all the population where IOM and implementing partners have facility activities;
- Supervise the data collection, data analysis; qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Develop reports for all analysed data frequently;
- Embed tools for the monitoring of the requested donor indicators, for reporting purposes;
- Conduct data management trainings for field staff: IOM Data Protection Principles, Data Collection, Data Storage & Data Sharing, appropriate use of the population lists;
- Performs such other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- High School Diploma with five (5) years of related work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science or other relevant field with three (3) years of relevant work experience.
Experience and skills
- At least 3 years of related work experience;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and stakeholders, working in international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting;
- Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare clear and concise formal correspondence and project reports;
- Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment and office software packages. Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles.
Languages Fluency in English and French/Dutch (oral and written). Working knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (p. 5), CV and Cover Letter – to [email protected] by 17 October 2022 at 23:59 the latest, referring to this advertisement (CFCV 2022-36 Information Management Coordinator).
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this Call for CVs is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
*Closing date: 18-Oct-22