The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all Secretariat Entities, Peacekeeping and Special Political Missions, Agencies, Funds and Programmes of the UN system worldwide.
The position is located in the Remote Mission Support Unit (RMSU) of the Infrastructure and Operations Section (IOS) within the Service for Geospatial, Information and Telecommunication Technologies (SGITT) at the UNGSC, Brindisi, Italy.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Chief RMSU or other designated officer.
Within delegated authority, the Information Systems Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
– Acts as focal point for receipt and processing of user requests.
– Provides basic technical support on relevant hardware and software systems applications in assigned area.
– Installs application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
– Provides basic support in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of customized application software systems; works with senior IT staff on the definition and specification of requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype application software based on detailed instructions; installs and maintains software systems.
– Supports senior staff in the creation and maintenance of application software within Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access and web-based architectures, etc.; assists in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
– Provides support on software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; assists with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to requirements; requests, implements, provides operational support and maintains various applications.
– Maintains regular contact with users and technical staff in user offices and provides support as required.
– Conducts research on new technologies as requested; keeps abreast of developments in the field; assists in testing and evaluating new products and technologies.
– Performs other related duties as required.
How to apply
Deadline: 8 Apr 2023