Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
· Conduct systematic scanning/ digitization of new asylum applications and assist the protection team in the digital filing of applications and physical files.
· Assist the Protection Associate (Registration/ Data management) in maintaining accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
· Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
· Act as translator and interpreter during the RSD and Resettlement interviews, when needed.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Excellent drafting skills in Arabic are required**
· Understanding of protection, human rights, international law, and humanitarian principles.
· Knowledge of the GCC political and protection context.
· Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work.
· Excellent reporting skills.
· Strong coordination, communication skills.
· Knowledge of MS Office programmes, in particular Excel.
· Team player, flexible, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
How to apply
Be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a relevant field or of interest to the work of the organization.
Candidates who have immediate relatives (father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister) working as staff members of UNHCR are not eligible.
It is the intern’s responsibility to arrange for a visa/ residency and medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to support costs related to food and local transportation.
Applications without P11 form will not be considered.
Closing Date: 15 April 2022
How to Apply:
• Applications should be sent along with the CV and UN Personal History Form through email
to [email protected]
• The electronic version of a UN Personal History Form (P.11) can be downloaded from the
following link (http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc).
• Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• Ensure to list the position number you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further consideration.