Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to ensure that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most. Simprints partners with organizations like Gavi to boost immunization rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.3M people.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our growing tech team, shaping the direction of the Simprints platform. The next chapter for Simprints is to open source our technology and your responsibilities will be to define an open sourcing strategy, set up a roadmap and manage a team of product owners. You will work in an agile, collaborative team with a commitment to clean code and robust design, along with a strong culture of continuous learning and improvement. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
This is a remote job, we like collaboration and speak to each other several times a day – between 10am and 3pm UK time. To keep the collaborative team spirit we are looking for colleagues in GMT -2/+3 – or colleagues who are able to relocate. For the time being, we will only be considering applicants within these parameters.
At Simprints, we want everyone to feel ownership of the tasks they are working on, starting from your first day. Within the first month, we’ll get you access to all of our systems, you will learn about the ecosystem and tech stack and you will be running interviews with internal and external stakeholders to understand priorities and needs. By your third month, you will be comfortable running the team processes, overseeing the breakdown of epics into user stories, and will have a good understanding of how our products are used. In six months, you will lead with a high degree of autonomy our open source strategy and roadmap.
- Align commercial demand, engineering, and design to develop the product roadmap and our overarching biometric strategy
- Define open source strategy and roadmap
- Prioritise high level features in the product backlog
- Manage a team of 3 Product Owners and ensure their requirements and documentation are accurate
- Define, analyse and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Suggest and implement improvements in the way we build our products
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in an agile environment working on Android or Cloud based products
- Experience managing technical products and roadmaps
- Proficiency with an issue tracking tool (e.g. JIRA, YouTrack)
- Ability to communicate effectively across many levels, building strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
- Experience with open source products, technology for development or identity solutions highly desirable
How to apply
*Closing date: 30-Oct-22