The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Programme Development & Quality Team.
The Livelihoods Specialist will provide technical leadership to livelihoods programs in Turkey. In addition to designing innovative programmes and portfolio growth, the role holder will be providing technical oversight and coordination in order to support the quality and impact of field level livelihoods programmes for host and refugee communities. The role holder will be expected to lead programme design and proposal development activities in-line with the country strategy as well as lead on expanding scope and scale for livelihood programming in Turkey. The role holder will support capacity building initiatives as well as working with Operations teams, MEAL and Advocacy to carry out need based assessments and activities, including setting up quality benchmarks. The post holder is expected to have, passion to work for children and have the capacity to design and implement integrated programming. S/he is self-motivated able to manage a large workload and proactively support others in the field with regard to technical assistance.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in livelihood programmes, in both rural and urban contexts including direct experience in market analysis and economic recovery and/or stimulation and undertaking market assessments using different methodologies.
- Education to Masters level in a relevant subject
- Previous experience of working in a culturally diverse team
- Previous experience working with livelihood projects with demonstrated technical leadership, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Expertise in the supply chain and child labour issues
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff
- Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Experience of writing successful funding proposals for donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills including influencing in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Experience with INGOs is highly desirable
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMDc5NDEuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t