Position: Log Admin Manager Country of posting: Democratic Republic of Congo Duration of Mission: minimum 3 months with possible extension
MAGNA is a non-profit independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff.
We recruit medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, we have achieved respectable results. We treat patients suffering from a wide array of illnesses and health needs (child health, malnutrition, sexual violence, women health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, cholera and other diseases).
Currently we have open missions in South Sudan, DR Congo, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine and Cambodia. Since beginning we have worked in over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America.
In DR Congo, MAGNA has opened mission in 2009 and currently we are working in Yumbi, Kasai, Equator and Kinshasa provinces providing access to medical care for population in crisis, through static healthcare centres, mobile health and outreach interventions.
Planning, coordinating, and monitoring all technical logistics, supply chain, HR and finance related activities in the project according to MAGNA protocols, standards and policies, in order to optimize the mission’s response to the needs of the target population and ensure an optimal running of the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establishing, planning and supervising in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the LogCo/HRCo/FinCo, HR and Fin activities in the project. Identyfying and addressing the needs of the project.
- Monitoring the implementation of the following activities in accordance with MAGNA procedures and guidelines.
- Supervising a support structure and the timely execution of all curative and preventive maintenance and repairs for the effective management of all MAGNA equipment and facilities in order to ensure its good condition and usability.
- Supervising and training the teams of drivers, mechanics and any other staff involved in vehicle management in order to ensure their operating capabilities.
- Supervising, planning and guaranteeing the quality of construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Managing the team of guards.
- Ensure construction/rehabilitation works and energy/electricity installation/maintenance.
- Coordinating, in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the LogCo, the supply chain processes and systems, keeping updated information on stocks (expiry dates, security level, pipeline and lead times) in order to ensure availability of all the medical and non-medical material and related services under optimal conditions.
- Supervising administration related activities, in close relation with the FinCo and in accordance with the MAGNA purchasing and payment procedures for the mission.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the HR Coordinator and Finance Coordinator, calculating, analysing and monitoring the project’s HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts.
- Carrying out Finance related activities, in close relation with the FinCo, ensuring taxes and national social insurances compliance, transparency on accountancy as well as coherent information on service supply chain processes.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following MAGNA guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place. Ensuring and controlling the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (HR and accounting software monthly closure, reports, etc.).
- In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MAGNA.
- Tracking administrative employment contracts for national staff, updating the existing database to comply with local labour regulations, coordinating and supervising procedures for payroll, controlling the payment of overtime and the closing of the monthly payroll. Preparing declarations form for monthly taxes and employee/employer social security contributions, creating a file containing all data to comply with legal regulations
- Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly entered in the system (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Under supervision of the HRCo, ensuring the indexation process of the national staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with HR department the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction/briefing, evaluation, potential detection, etc.) of the national staff under his/her responsibility as specified by the line manager and the administrative and logistic processes (end of contract, accommodation, extension of mission, early return, etc) of the international staff of the project in order to ensure an efficient staff sizing, facilitating its reception, movements and legal compliance.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, defining/updating the project security policy, implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy in order to ensure people’s security.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, logistical statistics, etc).
Required knowledge and skills
Desirable – degree in finance, management (business, HR), administration and/or supply management.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs.
- Desirable working experience with MAGNA or other NGOs, in developing countries Knowledge and skills
- Essential mission working language French and English
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Desirable HR (Homere) and Financial software (SAGA)
Required Personal Characteristics
- Good stress management
- Resistance to pressure
- Analytical capability
- Organized and methodical
- Strong sense of responsibilities
- Strong listening and empathy skills
- Ability to adapt, manage priorities and be pragmatic
- Diplomatic and with a sense of negotiation
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and rigor
Compensation Your monthly (untaxed) salary will reflect your post’s seniority & your cumulative weighted work experience.
Starting from 1.869 to 2.130 Euros
MAGNA field salaries are calculated in EUR and are not negotiable as they are part of a harmonized agreement across the MAGNA network.
Benefits PER DIEM: paid in local currency in the field (900 USD/month) TRANSPORTATION: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas… INSURANCE: including medical coverage, 24/7 assistance and repatriation ACCOMODATION: Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization BREAK POLICY: 5 working days at 3, 6 and 9 months PAID LEAVE POLICY: 25 days of paid leave per year
How to apply
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: „LOG FIN HR MANAGER, DR CONGO”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.