General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
The MIS senior Officer will support design and implementation of information systems intended to facilitate the flow of programme-related data for improved information management, reporting and progress tracking purposes
Duties, objectives and competencies
Reporting, Analysis and Information Dissemination
- Generate analytical reports from all sources of data (especially MIS database) to support information requests from top management, programmes another department.
- Coordinate the process of generating visualizations products such as dashboards, maps, charts and infographics that show findings, summarized and customized information to present to top management, advocacy team, other organization’s departments, donors and public Data Quality Control
- Support the MIS manager in determining operational feasibility of new software requirements and implement solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Support the development and implementation of software development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on establishing source control, continuous integration, deployment, and issue tracking using GOAL standard tools
Data Quality Control
• Carry out data quality checks on Programmes and Program Quality-related databases (including beneficiary databases, delivery of assistance databases) of GOAL and Partner organizations.
• Support MIS Coordinator with implementation of data quality audits on GOAL Syria and partner Programmes, Accountability, and M&E databases (including beneficiary databases).
• Support MIS manager in the development of test scenarios/scripts and execution ensuring the application architecture meets agreed quality standards
Coordination, Representation and Other
- Attend relevant meetings on information and data management
- Ensure back-up and organization of all data and information sources (hard copy, soft copy)
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager
- BA in computer science, or related field.
- Prior 3-5 year of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), especially SQL Server and SQL Azure.
- Strong experience in system analyses and software engineering
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications including programming, Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with digital data gathering platforms and software.
- Understanding of accountability towards beneficiary privacy and data protection.
- Proven skills to analyze statistical information.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Strong knowledge and 3 years at least of experience in web programming especially C#,ASP.NET, MVC, Entity framework, Microsoft identityFamiliarity required.
- Prior work experience in humanitarian organization
- Basic understanding of M&E principles, methodologies, data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Familiarity with CommCare and KoBo, digital data gathering platforms/software.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 13 January 2023.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2023