Save the Children
THE ROLE: MEAL Officer
Save the Children is recruiting for one experienced MEAL Officer that will be supporting the implementation of the MEAL plan, systems and processes for the project, including accountability and feedback mechanisms, and all learning, review and evaluation activities in the district. The MEAL Officer will work under line management of the assigned district, and with all other departments as relevant.
This project is aiming at supporting the Government of Sierra Leone and local partners to maintain the population’s access to and use of essential MNCH services, family planning, and reproductive health care within the current context of COVID-19 and; ensure the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygienic (WaSH) conditions, and adherence to evidence-based hygiene behaviors within the current context of COVID-19
Undergraduate degree in social sciences or related fields (such as economics, mathematic/statistics, development studies or Social work) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience- substantive and proven experience in related field with Higher National Diploma may be considered.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three years of relevant MEAL/M&E experience, preferably in an INGO setting, and demonstrating a diverse range of skills beyond data entry and analysis.
- Experience facilitating or assisting with project reviews, baselines, and/or evaluations. Experience with research is an added advantage.
- Experience developing M&E tools using both quantitative and qualitative approaches, and in training others how to use these tools.
- Thorough understanding of logical frameworks and/ results frameworks, and experience in developing monitoring systems to assess progress against these.
- Familiarity/experience with a range of data collection & analysis systems and software is a plus.
- Experience working in projects that address complex social issues, attitude and behavior change.
- Experience working directly with children and/or adolescents.
- Experience in developing and/or using data collection and monitoring tools in communities (where documentation is generally non-existent) as well as with formal service providers.
- Experience with project/beneficiary accountability and feedback mechanisms.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent documentation and report-writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and training/facilitation skills.
- Experience in working with local/national civil society partners with capacity building approaches.
- Proficiency in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
- Commitment to gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
- Willingness to ride motor bike is essential; SCI will provide motor bike riding training as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months
Closing Date: 27th April, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4xODk2OS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20