General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
The GOAL Syria Media Officer is responsible for proactively developing and producing high-quality visual and audio-visual content focusing on GOAL’s programmatic activities in Northern Aleppo under the direct supervision of the Field Deputy Programs Coordinator and Communications and Media Manager, the overall supervision of the Field deputy Programme Coordinator, and the technical guidance of the Communications and Media Manager. The role also contributes closely to the production of other content packages – including case studies, success stories, web articles, and social media postings – that target defined audiences, and is responsible for developing, planning, and delivering trainings on visual and audio-visual documentation.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Manage the daily organization of visual and audio-visual acquisition in the field, including by creating and following content collection schedules in line with defined media development plans.
- Create high-quality, publication-targeted photography collections and video programs featuring GOAL’s operations in Northern Aleppo in accordance with specific public information and fundraising campaign briefs.
- Develop, plan, record and edit written and audio-visual interviews with communities, beneficiaries, and staff members.
- Draft field-sourced stories in response to content development plans, and independently develop new storylines.
- Establish and manage a system of offline/online media storage and retrieval, and keep archives of content and associated data secure, accessible, and up to date.
- Designing visibility materials and other print products.
- Management the communication with the other department.
- Preparing and sending the reports and Plans regarding with the Media department to the Media Management and field deputy programs coordinator.
Conducting advocacy campaigns and showing positive results.
- Produce, collate, categorize, and archive visual and audio-visual recordings of GOAL Syria programme activities and operations, as needed.
- Oversee and support the visual and audio-visual documentation of GOAL Syria programme activities and operations by field teams and establish a system of inter-departmental documentation coordination.
- Supervising and designing the reports and plans.
- Prepare and deliver training in advanced visual and audio-visual production and post-production techniques for other members of the GOAL Syria Communications and Media Department with the guidance of the GOAL Syria Communications and Media Manager and Field Deputy Programs Coordinator.
- Develop and deliver a training plan for GOAL Syria’s Programme, Programme Quality, and Systems teams on visual and audio-visual documentation and data collection in the field.
- Respond to any requests from his management
- University education (graduation degree) in a communications discipline, or university education in another discipline and training in news reporting and visual and audio-visual production.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role or in similar roles.
- Proficiency in narrative content development and storytelling.
- Previous 2-year Demonstrated experience and skills in photography, videography, and sound recording.
- Journalistic and media writing skills, including the ability to plan and conduct interviews.
- Advanced technological skills, including in the installation and operation of media hardware and software and offline/online content filing and data management.
- Previous 1-year experiences in the Organizations (NGOs) regarding with the Media and Preparing reports.
- Good English language skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Copywriting skills.
- Experience or skills in design for print or multimedia.
- Motion graphic design skills.
- Creativity, and aptitude for storytelling.
- Calm under pressure, and productive in stressful conditions.
- Open to collaboration and cooperation with various field teams.
- Active listener.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 23 April 2022 .
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform [email protected] with the details immediately.
“يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عن طريق ارسال رساله الكترونيه الى [email protected] و الافصاح عن جميع بالتفاصيل على الفور.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.