iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
IMMAP is recruiting for a MENA Analyst with particular expertise on Libya and wider North Africa context for a potential long-term MENA regional project. The position is dependent on award.
The MENA Analyst will work with the iMMAP research and analysis team to provide in-depth quantitative and qualitative analytical support to the Research & Analysis unit. Roles may include, but are not limited to, conducting Arabic and English language desk research, analysis of local stakeholders and the humanitarian response, and monitoring dynamics that could affect vulnerable population and/or incite displacements. The MENA Analyst will report to the relevant coordinators and managers.
Description of Duties
The MENA Analyst will primarily be involved in conducting research, analysis, and report writing based upon the team’s research needs. The position will regularly support the R&A team in implementing research design and production of key product deliverables. Additional roles include:
- Working closely with research officers and coordinators to assign, assess, and report on regional developments;
- Assist in the design and drafting of regular and ad hoc reports;
- Participate in key informant interviews;
- Utilize both open source research and primary research resources to independently produce research products on cross-sectoral issues in the region as needed;
- Coordinate closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data collection, visualization, imagery and GIS;
- Contribute to ad hoc requests from partners and donors, as needed.
- Degrees in international relations, international law, political science or related field.
- Proven experience in reporting on conflict and/or humanitarian dynamics in the MENA region, particular focus on Libya and wider North Africa preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of the political, cultural, and humanitarian context of the region.
- Experience with contextual and predictive analysis based on quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently.
- Understanding of and/or proficiency in data collection platforms, GIS software, and data visualization platforms an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
- Fluency in English speaking and writing required. Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic highly desired.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/643
Closing date: 9/21/2022