TITLE: Mental Health and Psycho social Support Coordinator
The MHPSS Coordinator will manage the implementation of a MHPSS projects in the Field office. The MHPSS project includes the training and Capacity Building of Outreach volunteers, Psychologists & field coordinators in the provision of Mental Health & Psycho social Support activities (MHPS), including community-based PSS, Psychological first aid (PFA), Problem management plus (PM+) and well being & self-care activities for front line teams. In addition, it includes overseeing & coordinating the rolling out the life skills curriculum and training. The MHPSS Coordinator will ensure that all aspects of work are undertaken in accordance with Save the Children’s Policies and IASC standards on MHPSS. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The post holder will contribute towards the rapid development and launch of timely, integrated and quality emergency responses to sudden-onset emergencies, liaising across internal functions and with a variety of external stakeholders. RRM response triggers in Sudan are likely to include conflict and conflict-induced displacement, floods, and disease outbreaks.
This is a demanding role in a complex environment. It requires an experienced and highly motivated individual with outstanding multi-tasking and interpersonal skills. The post holder must have demonstrated experience of operating in challenging environments.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Plan and oversee the implementation of the MHPSS .
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Capacity needs assessment for implementing teams
- Contribute to the development of the curriculum on evidence-based MHPSS interventions, such as PFA and PM+, as well as on self-care, targeting the Outreach Volunteers.
- Design and follow-up on the capacity building roll-out plan, coaching & supervision system (including review & adaptation of training materials & follow-up tools)
- Provide Capacity Building of Partner staff in MHPSS Package (PFA, PM+, self-care) with the support of the MHPSS training officer.
- Coordinate & Manage the implementation phase of the MHPSS projects in coordination with the focal points in partners’ organization & the MHPSS Project Manager
- Represent Save the Children in all steering committee meetings of MHPSS program with partners
- Coordinate & Manage the MHPSS projects to meet the project objectives within budget and within the allocated time frame
- Ensure the proper implementation of the MHPSS activities through regular follow-up coaching & supervision of implementing partner staff (psychologists, coordinators, etc.)
- Ensure timely delivery of a quality programme by developing effective and operational reporting mechanisms;
- Monitor progress against projects’ log frames and implementation plan and that the team has their individual work plans developed and properly followed;
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems are in place and followed by the MHPSS team
- Identify areas of implementation according to fields needs through outreach activities and coordination with Partners & other cross sectoral actors;
- Contribute to donor reports and ensure that internal reporting is of quality and following Save the Children processes;
- Support the review and adaptation of MHPSS package and curriculum’s based on lessons learnt
- Programme design/development
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation processes of MHPSS activities;
- Feed in the design of activities according to implementation lessons learned and community feedback;
- Ensure that programme interventions continue to be informed by and integrated with other SCI core sectors such as Child protection, Education, Shelter, and Food Security and Livelihoods; and
- Regularly visit programme sites to ensure that the community at large are appropriately supported and qualitative and quantitative programme objectives are achieved.
- Team management and capacity building:
- Take accountability of own and team’s performance and development following SCI Develop to Perform guidelines;
- Provide MHPSS staff with capacity building training as per performance management and needs assessments,
- Ensure that the team follow weekly work plans and develop weekly reports;
- Conduct training for relevant local NGOs and local authorities on MHPSS when need identified
- Ensure that all MHPSS staff are complying with code of conduct, Child Safeguarding, and other SCI policies***General:***
- Ensure that SCI activities are implemented in accordance with SCI policies, SCI child protection strategy and national guidelines and frame works;
- Comply with Save the Children’s policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Masters’ degree in Psychology, Social Science, Education, or other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least five years’ experience in MHPSS programming or child protection with PSS experience;
- Experience planning, facilitating and monitoring MHPSS activities
- Experience providing training & capacity building in MHPSS activities including focused interventions: Psychological First Aid, Problem management plus, staff care & well being
- Experience Providing Problem Management plus as a PM+ helper (experience training in PM+ is a plus)
- Thorough understanding of multi-layered MHPSS programming & interventions
- Experience providing supervision & coaching in MHPSS
- Experience working in NGOs or in an emergency context
- Experience in projects and team management including budget management and financial skills;
- Good planning and reporting skills;
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work in an insecure volatile context.
- Regular identification and communication of risks including mitigation measures
- Excellent training & facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Prior proven track record in successful coaching & supervision;
- Experience in working with at-risk Adults, children and families and ideally experience in case management;
- Excellent MS Office skills;
- Understanding of social welfare systems and child protection mechanisms
- Understanding of MHPSS identification, referral and response systems
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to plan strategically;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative data and to develop data bases and data collection tools;
- Experience in community mobilization and in conducting outreach activities; and
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches;. Desirable
- Experience working at community level with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Prior experience in a similar position with a local or international NGO.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yMDk0OC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20