Polish Humanitarian Action - Polska Akcja Humanitarna
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for a MHPSS Technical Advisor to provide sector and strategic assistance to Mental Health and Psychosocial Support programs supporting vulnerable populations in conflict-affected areas of Ukraine.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with mission in Ukraine
Position: MHPSS Technical Advisor
Location: Lviv or Kyiv (remote with willingness to travel possible)
Job terms: Full time
Type of job: Service Contract / Contractor
Duration: 3 months with likely extension
Starting date: ASAP
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply immediately as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian and development assistance worldwide. Since 1992, PAH has operated programs in 46 countries, supporting sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
Operating in Ukraine since August 2014, PAH is uniquely positioned with a wide network of partners and donors to deliver humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable conflict-affected people during this crisis. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people and the elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of Protection/Advocacy, WASH, Food Security/MCPA, Shelter/NFI and MHPSS. PAH Ukraine is rapidly expanding its operations in response to the armed conflict and seeks dynamic candidates comfortable with a fast-changing environment who are eager to scale operations quickly.
Visit www.pah.org.pl for more information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all MHPSS activities of PAH are in line with international standards and best practices;
- Support a harmonized MHPSS technical response within the program
- Provide program guidance and technical support to enhance PAH’s approach to the provision of MHPSS for conflict-affected population, specifically to older people, children and youth
- Provide technical support and relevant inputs in designing MHPSS programs and ensure monitoring frameworks are effective in meeting MHPSS needs of conflict-affected population
- Strengthen MHPSS case management system
- Direct guidance and support to develop referral pathways in a more structured manner, establishing an effective referral system
- Provide close technical support and feedback to PSS Officers and Specialists
- Develop additional tools for subsequent implementation by PAH program team
- Ensure internal coordination and collaboration of interventions through review meetings and provision of regular updates
- Assess the MHPSS training needs of the team members and arrange MHPSS refresher trainings
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Head of Programs
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as mental health, psychology, or social work is a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of MHPSS principles and practices in low-resource settings
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in setting up and implementing high quality MHPSS
- Strong proven knowledge and proven experience in providing technical support to MHPSS programs in emergency settings
- Familiarity and proven experience in project design and implementation drawing upon global MHPSS guidelines and a mental health case management approach
- Experience coaching teams and with capacity building and training
- Excellent English language skills (both writing and speaking), Ukrainian and/or Russian language skills preferred
- Good communication, teamwork and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong computer literacy
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of conflict-affected population in Ukraine
How to apply
Please fill in the online application form and submit your resume (max 2 pages) and cover letter in English no later than June 4th 2022. In your cover letter please indicate your earliest possible start date.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.