Fixed term | 6 mois | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
As of February 24th 2022, ACTED deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Our teams mobilized quickly to carry out needs assessments along the border and in reception centers, in close coordination with the Moldovan authorities.
ACTED’s first actions concerned the deployment of buses in Palanca and Tudora, in addition to buses provided by the Moldovan and Romanian authorities, in order to transport refugees from crossing points to reception centers or to Romania, in agreement with the authorities of both countries.
Today, ACTED has diversified its fields of action in the country and implements or participates, with its partners, in the following operations:
- Support to the government for the site management of over 100 refugee accommodation and reception centers
- Reception and distribution of donations of basic necessities to refugees for NFIs and hot meals (around 20,000 hot meals were distributed from February to April) and multi purpose cash assistance for refugees and Moldovan families hosting refugees
- Installation of sanitation facilities at border points and provision of free transportation services to Romania and within Moldova for newly arrived refugees
- Distribution of SIM cards and power banks to facilitate access to information for refugees and provision of Wi-Fi-connectivity at transit and accommodation centers
You will be in charge of
The Project Manager, under operational guidance of the Area Coordinator and technical guidance of the Technical Program Coordinator, is responsible for ensuring proper implementation of ACTED’s project. The Project Manager oversees field operations and ensures effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. The Project Manager supervises the project staff in day to day management of all aspects of the project and liaises with relevant internal departments and external partners and project stakeholders.
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials;
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team member.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Good understanding of telecom concepts and computer networks principles
- Previous experience with international NGO
- Experience working on Infrastructure and WASH projects (an engineering background will be an asset)
- External representation skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Teamwork and team building skills, capacity building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Salary between 2000 and 2100€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]), including the reference: PM Telecom/MOL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Closing date: 9/24/2022