The USAID-funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean (CCBO) project in the USA, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a MRF Project Manager. This position will be located in Manila, Philippines.
The Material Recovery Facility (MRF) Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and supervision of the building, assembly, installation and commissioning of the materials waste sorting line in the MRF of Paranaque City. The MRF Project Manager will need to study and have full knowledge of the plan and design of the waste sorting line, specifications of the equipment, and applicable codes and regulations. The position will work collaboratively with CCBO, the City Environment and Natural Resource Officer (CENRO) and its assigned staff to MRF operations.
* Oversee and monitor the design, procurement, construction, fabrication, installation, assembly and maintenance of the waste sorting line components and ensure compliance with the plan, design, and specifications.
* Coordinate with vendors/suppliers, and contractor to ensure that they are adhering to the plan and
* Work collaboratively with the supplier to ensure commissioning of equipment.
* Check that the materials used, and quality of workmanship are approved by CCBO and Paranaque City ENRO. Conduct physical inspection of factory and/or plant, if needed.
* Conduct inspection during construction and assembly to check for defects and problems and report any findings to CCBO and Paranaque City ENRO.
* Receive and evaluate vendor’s and contractor’s samples and submissions. Facilitate the approval of CCBO and Paranaque City LGU before starting the construction, assembly, and installation.
* Coordinate regular meetings with CCBO, Paranaque City LGU, and the contractor to discuss updates on the project and problems encountered.
* Work closely with CCBO’s Procurement team and support in assessing the vendor’s or contractor’s work and claim for payments.
* Provide support in ensuring that occupational health and safety standards are met during construction and assembly of the waste sorting line.
* Experience in construction, fabrication, installation, operations and maintenance of a sorting line or any similar facility characterized by a system of conveyor belts propelled by electric motors preferred.
* Ability to manage and lead a diverse workforce including, Processors, Sorters, Vendors, Suppliers, Contractors, and administrative staffs.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
* To provide trainings to concerned LGU/MRF Staff on efficient operations maintenance and repair of the sorting line and other equipment provided for by CCBO to the Paranaque MRF.
* To provided technical assistance to the day-to-day operations of the plastics material recovery operations and segregation to concerned LGU Staff.
* Formulate MRF operations and maintenance manual.
* Turn-over of equipment, operations and maintenance to the Paranaque LGU upon completion of the CCBO Program.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent training and experience.
* Minimum 10 years of extensive knowledge and experience in recycling production and solid waste management.
* Experience with mechanical sorting lines and management of throughput.
* Residing within Metro Manila preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of recycling plant operations and/or solid waste management.
* Must be able to work with high-level direction and be an independent self-starter.
* Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand how the plant equipment operates in order to make appropriate system and component adjustments.
*Advanced experience in Word, Excel, Gmail Suites, including functional ability and software knowledge for automated processes, data collection and project management.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/3YHCuJt
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Deadline: 12 Apr 2023