Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to populations in need, people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSF movement is built around 6 operational centres supported by multiple sections and offices worldwide. MSF Operational Center Geneva (MSF OCG) is one of these centres. We are looking for an experimented MSF Supply Chain Specialist to support our Program Manager and to lead the Supply Chain part of our Single Data Entry project.
The lack of visibility in the MSF Supply chain limits its efficiency, with long lead times, limited inventory performance, and limited collaboration between the actors. Lack of available data impacts the supply chain flexibility and agility, possibly affecting response time in emergencies. We wish to develop, with the help of a supplier, a scanning and reading technology integrated in a mobile application that will collect medical item information (INN, batch number, expiry date, packaging) using 3 technologies: QR Code, Data Matrices and Optical Character Recognition (OCR). This technology will be integrated into all nodes of our international medical supply chain, from European Supply Centers (ESCs) to field projects in our different countries of intervention. The SDE application will be used in every MSF mission to perform order reception, order picking and inventory count.
The MSF Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the successful coordination of the Supply Chain stakeholders in support of the SDE project. She/he will ensure that business needs are being met in an effective and efficient manner and works closely with the different stakeholders to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support adapted solutions. The MSF Supply Chain Specialist role serves as a liaison between multiple entities to define processes, identify process improvement opportunities, and implement new solutions. She/he will coordinate implementation, training, and communication efforts with several MSF entities. This is a business-facing role, requiring excellent communication and organizational skills to create alignment amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Manage the Supply chain part of the projects through the entire cycle.
- Have a full understanding of the business requirements, project stakes, benefits, constraints, and interdependencies.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and technical teams in the planning, design, and development of new solutions.
- Partner with MSF stakeholders on product vision, requirements definition, and capability mapping to ensure requirements align with business unit processes and needs.
- Map processes from current to future state, define business requirements and scope, and proactively champion change to business stakeholders and development teams.
- Provide leadership for the implementation of process improvement opportunities by mapping out process changes, refining requirements and scope, and proactively communicating project capabilities to business leaders, stakeholders, and users.
- Support IT Business Analysts in translating business requirements to detailed stories/tasks for development teams to deliver business functionality.
- Document stakeholder requirements and measure/monitor process efficiency.
- Partner with the SDE Program Manager in the development of business cases and project charters
- Produce high-quality documentation for requirements, solution options, business cases, and recommendations on proposed solutions.
- Support testing of system, and changes and analyze data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain stakeholders for the implementation and the commissioning of solutions.
- Participate as a change agent to implement new strategic directions and technology decisions.
- Advocate process changes to improve and support business activities in designing the future state of new products and platforms.
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, or a related field
- Optional project management certification (PMP, PMI, Hermès, …)
- Experience as supply chain management and leading transversal projects
- Experience in MSF Supply Chain
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in French an asset
- Team player, ability to create connection and trust with others Leadership
- Ability to drive heterogeneous and multicultural teams
- Ability to manage and coordinate internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Diplomatic and influencing skills
- Strong capacity to manage expectations
- Excellent communication skills
- Autonomous and very well organized
- Quality and results orientated
- Flexible and pro-active
- Committed to MSF Values
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Excellent overall understanding of warehouse and stock management matters
- Good overall understanding of IT matter
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100%
- Fixed-term contract 18 months,
- Working place : MSF Logistique, Merignac France
- Ideal start date: As soon as possible
- Gross annual salary: €47’871.- (i.e. 3682€ gross/month over 13 months).
- Fixed rate rest days prorated to the number of days of working (average of 22 days/year)
- Family health insurance fully covered by MSF Logistique
- Luncheon vouchers amounting to €9.80, 60% of which is paid by MSF Logistique
- Teleworking possible depending on the needs of the department (2/3 days per week)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is April 2nd, 2023. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Deadline: 2 Apr 2023