FIXED TERM | 6 MONTHS | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Myanmar since 2008, with bases in Loikaw (Kayah State), Sittwe (Rakhine State), and Yangon. Through both emergency and longer-term resilience building programming in Myanmar, ACTED seeks to work towards its global strategy of achieving a Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty world.
Since 2012, ACTED’s work in Myanmar has focussed on supporting sustainable livelihoods and economic development, in both urban and rural areas of Kayah and Rakhine States, through skills training; climate-smart agriculture; business development support; and linkages with private sector actors. In Rakhine State, this support for economic self-reliance has often been implemented alongside the provision of humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected communities, and social cohesion initiatives. Today, in light of the rapidly deteriorating humanitarian and security conditions in Myanmar since the events of February 2021, ACTED is significantly scaling up its emergency response programming. This entails providing life-saving food security, nutrition, and protection assistance to crisis-affected communities, particularly in Kayah State. In 2022 for the first time, ACTED is also delivering emergency humanitarian assistance in Yangon. However, in line with ACTED’s belief that – even in a crisis setting – every individual should be supported to achieve their creative and economic potential, all the emergency assistance we deliver in Myanmar is implemented with a view towards restoring self-reliance to affected communities, and supporting them towards long-term recovery, right from the start of a crisis.
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Finance Manager, the Country Finance Officer (CFO) will be in charge of supporting the Country Finance Manager in his/her functions. More specifically, she/he will be in charge of the implementation and follow-up of financial management and control tools. She/he will also be in charge of training of the Finance Team.
Budget preparation and contractual review
Implementation and Follow-Up of Financial tools
- Monthly Follow up consolidation and review (Accounting Flows, Cost Analysis, Allocations, Budget Control and Funding Structure, Staff salary payement preparation)
- Financial Reporting preparation and support
Participation to the Midyear and Annual Accounting Closures process
Training and Capacity Building
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- 1+ year of solid experience in financial & budget management;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of teams through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to undertake serious responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
Salary between 1400 and 1500€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
– Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
– Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
– Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
– Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
– One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
– Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
– Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) including the reference: CFO MYA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Deadline: 13 Apr 2023