FIXED TERM | 12 MONTHS | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Myanmar since 2008, with bases in Loikaw (Kayah State), Sittwe (Rakhine State), and Yangon. Through both emergency and longer-term resilience building programming in Myanmar, ACTED seeks to work towards its global strategy of achieving a Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty world.
Since 2012, ACTED’s work in Myanmar has focussed on supporting sustainable livelihoods and economic development, in both urban and rural areas of Kayah and Rakhine States, through skills training; climate-smart agriculture; business development support; and linkages with private sector actors. In Rakhine State, this support for economic self-reliance has often been implemented alongside the provision of humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected communities, and social cohesion initiatives. Today, in light of the rapidly deteriorating humanitarian and security conditions in Myanmar since the events of February 2021, ACTED is significantly scaling up its emergency response programming. This entails providing life-saving food security, nutrition, and protection assistance to crisis-affected communities, particularly in Kayah State. In 2022 for the first time, ACTED is also delivering emergency humanitarian assistance in Yangon. However, in line with ACTED’s belief that – even in a crisis setting – every individual should be supported to achieve their creative and economic potential, all the emergency assistance we deliver in Myanmar is implemented with a view towards restoring self-reliance to affected communities, and supporting them towards long-term recovery, right from the start of a crisis.
You will be in charge of
The Project Coordinator ensures effective implementation and management of a 3-year Livelihood Project across Myanmar, ensuring it is implemented in a smooth and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with ACTED’s and donors’ procedures and legal requirements. The project aims at supporting conflict-affected individuals in Myanmar to address their most urgent humanitarian needs, whilst supporting “graduation” towards sustainable livelihoods, to strengthen vulnerable communities’ long-term economic resilience. Through four phases of programming, ACTED will work, to meet critical food security, nutrition, and non-food item (NFI) needs; to support vocational training – focussing on innovative “green” job opportunities; and to promote the adoption of sustainable climate-smart agriculture techniques. The graduation package of economic development and vocational training initiatives will be facilitated and supported through the set-up of a collaborative ecosystem of partnerships for social entrepreneurship and local innovations in Myanmar, a flagship ‘3Zero House’. The Project Coordinator will ensure overall implementation and coherence of the project across all components, while working closely with a dedicated 3Zero House Coordinator for the final 3Zero House element of the project.
I) Definition of Implementation Strategies and Modalities
2.External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Documenting and Compliance
- Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Internal Coordination
- Partner Management
2. Human Resource
5. Quality Control
6. Grant Management
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least four years of field experience in program management and coordination
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
Ability to train, mobilize, and manage experienced staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Salary between 2200 and 2400€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) including the reference: PC Livelihoods/MYA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Closing date: 3 Feb 2023