Social Development Direct
This is an exciting opportunity to join an impactful and innovative programme, which is expanding its geography into Eastern Europe. The war in Ukraine has led to millions of displaced, traumatised, and vulnerable persons inside Ukraine and in surrounding countries. The Global Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub has received funding from the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC), via Save the Children and Plan International, to support safeguarding across the humanitarian response in Eastern Europe. Hubs are being established in Poland, Moldova, Romania and Ukraine to support organisations in the international humanitarian and development sectors to strengthen their safeguarding policy and practice against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment (SEAH).
The National Representative Ukraine (NR-U) position is based in Ukraine, with occasional travel within Europe (Covid/ security permitting). The NR-U will be responsible for establishing, designing, and delivering the workplan of the Ukraine Hub, including setting the strategic direction; mapping the safeguarding risks, needs and opportunities; safeguarding service delivery; relationship management with key stakeholders; coordination with other Hubs; and learning. The successful candidate will also lead on developing a national communications plan and safeguarding community of practice. S/he will manage all activities targeting Ukrainian stakeholders via the RSH digital platform and face-to-face. S/he will report to the Regional Lead and work closely with colleagues from across the RSH EE team and Technical Advisor pool. Support will be provided from a regional M&E Advisor and a Communications Officer, as well as from short term consultants, and Consortium partners.
- Have minimum 7 years of experience working in social work/ safeguarding/ child protection/ child safeguarding/ Gender Based Violence.
- Have proven management experience with the ability to work autonomously to a high level of delivery. Be familiar with standard work planning and M&E tools and approaches.
- Understand the importance of gender equality and social inclusion, and be able to demonstrate commitment to feminist values, including disability inclusion and working with minority groups.
- Be able to work under pressure and pick-up new tasks and processes quickly, as well as experience and confidence in problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Excellent communication, networking, and facilitation skills.
- Be able to collaborate respectfully with colleagues and stakeholders from a variety of experience levels, backgrounds, and cultures.
- Have experience of working with/ for civil society organisations.
- Have good networks in Ukraine with regards to civil society, government institutions, networks, and forums around issues of social protection, social welfare, women’s rights child rights.
- Able to write to a high standard in English and Ukrainian.
- Be committed to the highest standards of conduct with regards to safeguarding, and to the RSH core values (see annex).
- Be willing to travel to different countries in Eastern Europe to support Hub colleagues.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please email your tailored CV with a cover letter by email to [email protected] We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience. The deadline for applying is 14 October 2022, but we will review applications on a rolling basis so apply early to not miss out. Please use this email subject line: ‘National Representative – Ukraine – Your Name’. Please confirm your eligibility to work in Ukraine.
Social Development Direct’s organisational vision is a just and equal world founded on gender equality and social inclusion. Our mission is to provide excellence in social development to support policies, laws, social norms, and institutions that advance social, economic, and political justice for all. We are committed to creating a safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace and encourage people from minority and non-dominant backgrounds to apply.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Please let us know if you would require any assistance to attend the interview or complete an assessment.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.