Hand in Hand for Syria
Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1100 staff in Syria, Türkiye, and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, International NGOs, and bilateral governmental agencies.
Purpose of the Position:
The Nutrition Project Manager will mentor and supervise the Nutrition team to promote high-quality nutrition implementation approaches. She/He will conduct various training on nutrition protocols and supportive supervision activities and perform assigned management duties to work closely with other internal departments to coordinate nutrition program activities.
- Ensure quality and timely field-level implementation of the Nutrition program against set objectives, targets, and work plans.
- Draft supervision guidelines to ensure quality delivery of treatments for SAM and MAM in children under five.
- Draft supervision guidelines to ensure quality delivery of Treatment for PLWs with MAM
- Conduct field assessments, identify potential needs, design, and implement response plans.
- Supervise the nutrition project teams in treatment protocols and support them.
- Support regular nutrition program evaluations and rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations to address them.
- Enhance integration of nutrition activities with other major health programs and coordinate with the health communications officer on establishing powerful outreach activities.
- Provide regular input and review of concept notes, proposals, and program reports.
- Ensure incorporation of innovative tools and strategies in new project and proposal development.
- Oversee nutrition job description reviews, recruitment, orientation, and performance reviews for the nutrition team.
- Develop nutrition activity work plans based on the program’s annual work plan and implement activities promptly.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in compiling monthly nutrition reports, quarterly analysis trends, and how to improve the quality of reporting.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Manager to improve supply chain management and accountability for nutrition supplies.
- In consultation with technical leads, contribute to the development of nutrition project proposals and project budgets.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- University degree in Medicine, Public health, Humanitarian Assistance, or related field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian assistance, including a minimum of 2 years in Nutrition &/or Health programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards.
- Excellent knowledge of Project life cycles.
- Skills of planning and delivering multiple activities, work plans, and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure, while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing, and problem-solving.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with staff, local committees, and beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage remote teams effectively.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Languages: Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written).
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Due to the urgent need of this position, the HIHFAD may conduct interviews before the application closing date on a rolling basis. It might be filled and closed even before the end date of the announcement.
Deadline: 19 Mar 2023