Save the Children
TITLE: Operation Manager (for Myanmar National Only)
General Position Summary:
The Operations Manager provides general management and leadership for the supply chain and operation functions at the education program including procurement, logistics, asset, admin, safety and security and information technology. The Operations Manager proactively and informatively communicates and coordinates the operation functions with partners, the program team members in Yangon Office and other field locations including home-based staff as and when required. The Operations Manager is a key person within the Partnership and Program Support Department, who ensures the resources are planned and utilized towards effective program support and shares the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the program operation activities under the direct supervision of the Partnership and Program Support Director.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Partnership and Program Support Director
Direct Reports: Supply Chain Coordinator and Operation Coordinator
Financial Approval: As per the current SOD
Accountability to Partners: The program team members are expected to demonstrate all efforts toward accountability especially to our equal partnership value and principles that take full advantage of the roles, knowledge, skills, reach and experience that each partner and offer each other – and strive to respect partners’ roles, their experience, knowledge, leadership and existing resources in the ethnic and monastic education systems.
Travel: Estimated around10% – 15% of working time
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Operations Manager is responsible for but not limited to key responsibilities of operation management oversight, localization and implementation of policies and procedures for the program and partners, resource management, Team management and the safety and security aspects.
- Oversight, direction and advice on all aspects of the program operations management, aiming at the achievement of the following results:
- Successful contribution for implementation of the Annual Operation Plan and executing the process and guidelines for procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain regular control on operations budget and identify any exceptions or possible implications of under / overspending in a timely manner.
- Promote continuous organizational learning culture with the empowerment of individuals and teams with the identification of learning needs.
- Provide managerial leadership to the Operation Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator and equip them with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
IMPLEMENTATION OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Implementation of appropriate operations process and procedures that comply with existing policies and procedures and with donor conditions focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provide technical and managerial leadership in localization and implementation of partners’ operation, procurement and logistic policies and procedures.
- Full compliance of operations with Procurement and Logistics policies, procedures, and processes.
- Provide expert review and advice on service contract agreement, resource management, tools, and method associated with operation etc.
- Effective and efficient resources management in administration, procurement, logistics and IT on the achievement of the following results:
- Ensure effective management of administrative / logistics resources and reporting in a systematic, transparent and efficient manner.
- Responsible for provision of high quality and timely procurement and other program support to the program internal team and partners.
- Exercising management over procurement processes and logistics ensuring compliance with the procurement policies and procedures as well donor rules and regulations.
- Oversee provision of transport and travel support (international and domestic).
- Oversight on maintenance of proper custody of assets and general inventory.
- Empower the team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
- Equip team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations, and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive together to achieve excellence.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by the existing policies.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies
Child Safeguarding Responsibility:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS ,EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills:
- Degree in Business Management and or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a corporate or an INGO sector, including experience in operational support for high-risk program.
- Sound knowledge of administrative and procurement & logistics procedures is highly desired.
- Proven supervisory ability and/or technical skills combined with leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and partners in a diversified multi-cultural and multi-ethnic working environment.
- Skills in managing, organizing, planning and implementing assigned tasks under pressure of frequent and tight schedules.
- Strong ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills in demanding and complex working environments.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in handling management and coordination issues at country program level.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team and partners in a sensitive environment.
- The program operates in a high-risk context as the strategy itself tends to serve the hardest to reach children and targets support to conflict-affected areas. So, the successful Operations Manager will be good at problem solving and have the ability to work out methods to deliver successful programs while demonstrating excellent stewardship of donor funds and compliance. He/she will maintain strong cooperative relationships with partners, other departments and interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial as well as training capacity, while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities. He/she will be able to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment and be willing to travel regularly to the program’s partners’ deep field offices and project sites. The most successful program team members have a strong commitment to cross-team collaboration, partnership engagement, adaptability, and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective conversation and communication a priority in all situations.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to the link below:
For External Candidates:External
For Internal Candidates: Internal
Closing Date : 3 April 2023 (Monday)
User Guide for Applicants at SCI: https://myanmar.savethechildren.net/sites/stcico.myanmar.savethechildren.net/files/taleo_applicants_user_guide.pdf
Candidates are also requested to mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing Save the Children employees. No requirement of photo or copy of certificates and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remark: For those who failed to mention or incorrectly mention the apply position title, Programme/Sector name and location in their applications, we will consider those as disqualify and we will not consider for short list.
Deadline: 3 Apr 2023