The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Operations Assistant position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington, DC. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units. The Operations Assistant provides general administrative and logistical support to the project team using sound financial accounting, compliance, and systems that ensure compliant subcontract management and solid financial and administrative support for all project activities. The Operations Assistant is part of the Project Support Group and reports to the Deputy Chief of Party for Strategic Partnerships and Operations. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility for a remote work option.
* Provides administrative backstopping support to the CASA Team, including daily coordination of logistics and finance.
* Prepares and submits performance reports, financial reports, and other reports.
* Provides administrative and functional support to project communications and workflow processes.
* Coordinates logistics for all team travel, project events, and operational needs.
* Coordinates all procurement and subcontracting needs for global and local project activities and staff.
* Maintains project STTA roster, working with recruitment and project leadership to ensure updated, accurate STTA agreements and documentation.
* Assists project leadership in maintaining the activity dashboard and general operational support matters.
* Take on ad-hoc tasks to meet project activity needs as required
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, financial management, or in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
* Two to four years of USAID project experience USAID projects are preferred.
* Familiarity with accounting, payroll, procurement, and logistical support services.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Experience and skills using cloud-based project management and finance tools, including Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and 365, QuickBooks, and other systems
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* Spanish, French, or other language skills are preferred.
* U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/operationsassistantCASA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.