International Rescue Committee
The Operations Coordinator works within the Compliance & Operations team to support day-to-day business operations, supply chain, and related administrative responsibilities for IRC’s offices in Tallahassee and Miami. The primary areas of responsibility are managing office operational tasks, supply chain, safety & security, day-to-day facilities upkeep, as well assisting as the HR focal point. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Work with Deputy Director of Operations to support operational capacity in accordance with policy for the Tallahassee and Miami offices.
- Responsible for fleet management, safety and security, and day-to-day facilities maintenance.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues to ensure staff are well equipped to perform their job duties.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces
- Assist Supply Chain Coordinator with maintaining office supplies, CIK, processing office supply requests, fleet management and managing staff supply inventory.
- Schedule routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors and landlords and prepare facilities and staff for changing weather conditions
- Complete annual fleet and business license or registrations to ensure compliance with local government regulations.
- Manage office and equipment leases, coordinate repairs and improvements with property managers as needed.
- Work with DDO to coordinate the allocation of workspaces and support related employee lifecycle needs such as building access.
- Support smooth functioning of office infrastructure including communications equipment and services.
- Assist with planning and coordinating office events and meetings.
- Answer calls, manage general email account, and respond to walk-in inquiries as needed.
- Work as the HR focal point for the Tallahassee and Miami offices with support from HR Manager in Atlanta.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3 years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Prior people management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), strong keyboarding skills, and internet usage skills; database familiarity is a plus.
- Proven organizational experience with the ability to set priorities, effectively manage time, demonstrate timeliness, and meet deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work as a team member with collaborative partners, the community, and clients in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Working Environment:** Standard office working environment with local travel as needed.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Closing date: 10/23/2022