Start date: ASAP
Contract : Fix-term, 4 Months
Location : Ukraine
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, for nearly 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters covering their vital needs: water, food and shelter. Being particularly committed to the fight against water-borne diseases, the first cause of mortality in the world, SI intervenes with an expertise in the fields of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also that of food security and livelihoods. SI is present in around twenty countries; its teams – a total of 2,000 employees made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent employees at the headquarters, and a few volunteers – intervene with professionalism and commitment in the respect of other cultures.
RLH-coop. is a humanitarian logistics cooperative created 2021, currently regrouping 9 humanitarian organizations. Its main objective is to increase logistics efficiency through resources pooling.
All members of the cooperative actively participate in the recognition of logistics as a strategic pillar for humanitarian operations, through the implementation of projects pooling human and material resources. Based on inclusive governance and the mobilisation of the expertise of all its members, RLH Coop provides logistical support to all humanitarian partners through the mobilisation of technical experts, the coordination of joint procurement and the management of complex purchases.
This position is recruited and hired by Solidarités International, on behalf of RLH-coop.
In close coordination with logistic coordinators from various organizations, the coordinator will support and pilot sourcing for key relief items and possibly joint procurement process.
Based on needs identified by partners, He/she coordinate sourcing for key items and drive procurement strategies decided by partners.
He/she is responsible for the production of market studies and/or sourcing studies and possibly of joint procurement initiatives as well of creating the condition of joint initiatives.
Lastly, he/she is in charge of identifying and supporting joint initiatives as shared premises/storage or other impactful joint initiatives
Responsibilities and duties
Sourcing and procurement:
- Identify with interested parties, key products to be sourced
- Initiate joint procurement initiatives towards suppliers previously identified.
- Report to interested partners on opportunities
- Initiate procurement process including the definition of common procedures and Tendering documents
Manage partners network and generate attraction for joint approaches
- Ensure active participation from stakeholders
- Ensure buy in and on boarding of new members
- Regularly feed partner with information on sourcing and procurement
Reporting and deliverables
- Document all initiatives and with the support of RLH Coop data analyst and operations coordinator
- Participate to the final report writing
Specific Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in international supply chain and procurement
- Ability to be autonomous
- Leadership skills and entrepreneurial spirit recommended
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt as needed
SI WILL OFFER
- Position based in UKRAINE with frequents deployment in Neighboring countries
- Contract period: Until 31/10/2022
- Salary : According to experience, starting from EUR 2 640 gross per month (EUR 2 400 gross per month + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) i.e. + a monthly Per Diem of EUR 700 per month once arrived on the field.
- Break : During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI). In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
- Insurance package : Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to apply
Do you recognize yourself in this description?
If so, please send us your CV and cover letter via this site: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=76209
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.
Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about Solidarités International: www.solidarites.org
Closing date: 11/16/2022