Save the Children
Join the Save the Children team in this newly created role, responsible for scoping and delivering a number of critical people projects across the Pacific. This role will also work with the HR Business Partner for International Programs and Pacific to take Save the Children International practices and tailor to the Pacific region.
Where you come in:
In this full-time, fixed-term contract, you will offer all manner of generalist support across our Pacific and Australian teams. Reporting to the Regional Pacific Director and International Programs & Pacific HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for the delivery of the following improvement projects:
- Onboarding and induction
- Sourcing and attraction
- Remuneration and benefits review
- Learning, development and capacity building
You will make an impact by:
- Identifying solutions that combine Save the Children’s global and Pacific practices and approaches
- Creating an impactful and inclusive onboarding and induction program across the Pacific
- Identifying recruitment sourcing strategies, tailored to the Pacific, with tools and templates to support hiring managers to hire the best
- Reviewing and updating the Pacific remuneration approach to create an attractive remuneration package within given cost constraints
- Develop Pacific Learning and Development plan in line with Pacific staff mapped IDPs
- Coaching, mentoring and delivery of training to build capacity of HR and Managers across the Pacific
Does this sound like you?
You are someone who can quickly be across many layers of policy, practices and approaches and a solid HR generalist background. You have a good understanding of the Pacific and are consultative and collaborative in your working style. You will be able to demonstrate working side-by-side with Pacific groups to build capacity.
This role suits those who are motivated by having significant social impact, with HR generalist and project skills, excellent communication and the ability to problem solve and find innovative solutions. You will be determined to make a difference.
This role requires:
- Demonstrated experience in working alongside national staff in a culturally sensitive manner to build capacity
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a complex international setting
- Experience reviewing remuneration frameworks and building relevant benchmarking
- Ability to effectively deliver high quality learning and development initiatives, including formal and informal
- Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships with counterparts
- Understanding of Pacific culture
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Child friendly work environment
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the Apply section below.
Applications close 4pm AEST 9th October 2022
Position Description – Pacific HR Consultant
Save the Children is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment for its employees and client groups, consistent with our obligations under OH&S legislation. Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or proof of medical exemption.
We have tested our application process with diverse groups in mind, with the intent to ensure it’s straightforward and accessible for all to apply. Diversity and inclusion are fundamenta l to our culture and improve our ability to reach our most vulnerable client groups. But we also know there is no one-size fits-all when it comes to recruitment – so if we didn’t quite hit the mark for you, please let us know! We’re dedicated to ensuring Save the Children Australia is a workplace suitable for all people and can modify our processes to suit you – no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and beliefs.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We also support the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding
How to apply
*Closing date: 9-Oct-22