Public Services International
Read online: https://psishort.link/vacancies
PSI is looking for an experienced and motivated Personnel Manager to lead the development and implementation of strategic and operational personnel tools and practices to support the achievement of the organisation’s political objectives.
Working in a vibrant multicultural workplace with offices around the planet, the successful candidate will possess at least 10 years’ experience in senior personnel management, with demonstrated success in developing procedures and implementing personnel systems and tools. He/she has proven experience in staff management; personnel planning, development, recruitment and onboarding, continuous improvement and promoting employee engagement, performance and wellbeing in all PSI offices.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a trade union or NGO environment and will be motivated by social change. S/he will thrive in supporting others to achieve results and be a good communicator. S/he will be able to manage a high workload, have excellent organisational, problem solving, change management and decision-making skills, and be comfortable operating across cultures.
S/he must have highly developed written and oral communication skills in English together with a strong working knowledge of French. Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage. Some international travel may be required.
The position will be based in PSI head office in Ferney-Voltaire, France (next to Geneva).
PSI offers a decent wage and benefits package, including relocation and visa support.
Reporting directly to the General Secretary, the position is responsible for developing and implementing strategic and operational personnel tools and practices of PSI’s global operations to support the achievement of PSI’s political objectives, including overseeing strategic personnel planning, continuous improvement and promoting employee engagement, performance and wellbeing.
- Lead PSI’s strategic personnel functions including planning, staff development, succession planning and personnel risk analysis in all PSI locations.
- Manage the operation of PSI’s global personnel systems, including employment contracts, recruitment and induction of new staff, compliance with employment laws and regulations, payroll and benefits, etc.
- Develop policies and processes to promote health, safety and wellbeing at work, provide training and professional development, support staff performance assessments
- With the Manager Global Administration, ensure regional personnel and administration are coordinated
- Support PSI staff in regions and head office for their staff management functions, including supervision, professional development, and performance management
- Ensure maintenance of records
- Support management in wage and benefits negotiations
- Contribute to finance reports and budget preparation
- Oversee day-to-day personnel management at head office
- Work with Regional Secretaries on personnel issues
- Advise management team
Education, knowledge and experience:
- College or university degree in personnel management
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior personnel management position within a membership-based organisation, trade unions, civil society or equivalent with demonstrated success in developing procedures and implementing systems and tools to support the organisation
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and financial management
- At least 5 years’ experience in team coordination staff management
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate, lead and motivate staff and build cohesive teams
- Experience with administrative tools for managing personnel information such as HRIS
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational, coordination and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, respect deadlines and manage competing priorities under pressure
- Significant experience in providing advice on complex employee relation issues
- Problem-solving, change management and decision-making skills
- Strong team player, able to communicate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Initiative and ability to plan, work autonomously and in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage relationships in a team and a multicultural environment
- Good judgment and political sensitivity
- Understand the role and values of trade unions and civil society organisations in an international context including PSI’s political objectives
- High level English and strong working French
- Working Spanish desirable
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to:
- Produce a cover letter of no more than 1,000 words in English, to include motivation for the position, related skills and competences related to the job description
- Attach a detailed Curriculum Vitae in English with contact details for three professional referees
- Email the application to [email protected] subject “Personnel Manager” by 2 October 2022
NB: Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
We encourage candidates to apply regardless of their gender, age, nationality, religion and sexual orientation.
Closing date: 10/2/2022