International Organization for Migration
Position Title: Planning Support Officer (IOM Annual Report)
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, seven months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 24 November 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
IOM is transitioning towards stronger Results-Based Management (RBM) practices and systems. The RBM Unit supports and provides guidance on strategic planning at global, regional and country level and is working towards enhanced results reporting across the Organization.
The RBM Unit is situated within the Department of Strategic Planning and Organizational Performance, encompassing the organizational units tasked with the implementation of Risk Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Results-Based Management and Operational Compliance.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Results-Based Management, the Planning Support Officer will support IOM’s global reporting requirements with a particular focus on IOM’s Annual Report process.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Results-Based Management Unit in the preparation of the IOM Annual Report (2022).
- Analyse and summarise quantitative and qualitative data from the Institutional Questionnaireusing statistical tools.
- Conduct research and benchmarking exercises to inform trend and longitudinal analyses with data from the Institutional Questionnaire.
- Support internal communication regarding the completion of the Institutional Questionnaire, its uptake, importance, and usage.
- Draft key summary results narratives to highlight key achievements of the organisation.
- Support the consolidation and coordination of the Annual Report process within IOM Headquarters, and coordination with Regional Offices and Country Offices as needed.
- Support the development of a communications package for uptake of the Annual Report.
- Support the preparation of briefing materials, presentations, and reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Business Administration or Economics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional training in statistics, results-based management, monitoring & evaluation and/or project management.
- Work experience within the UN system would be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical software like NVivo, Provalis;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Expertise in drafting and writing reports;
- Knowledge of communication and social media uptake.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge in French and/or Spanish language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
To apply, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications HERE via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 24 November 2022.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 11.11.2022 to 24.11.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: CFA 2022 55 Planning Support Officer (IOM Annual Report) (UG) Geneva, Switzerland (57834060) Released
Posting: Posting NC57834061 (57834061) Released