Pricing & Budgeting Assistant
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over one hundred countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact strives to be a great place to work. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We seek to promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
SI is seeking a Pricing & Budgeting Assistant to support the preparation of cost proposals across a wide range of contracting mechanisms. This position reports to the Senior Pricing Manager. This is an entry-level position. Candidates with 2-3 years of directly relevant experience may be considered for an Associate level position.
- Support all aspects of cost proposal development for new business including development of detailed budgets, budget narratives, and supporting documents as required by proposal solicitations
- Prepare budgets in Microsoft Excel based on solicitation requirements
- Draft accompanying budget narratives in Microsoft Word
- Conduct compliance checks on cost proposals
- Research and compile historical and current price data to support budgeted costs, and price competitiveness
- Communicate with partners to obtain inputs for cost proposals
- Coordinate with internal programmatic and business development staff to ensure budgets and budget notes align with the technical proposal
- Conduct price and/or cost analyses of subcontractor proposals and quotes
- Other related duties/tasks as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework and internships.
- Skilled in use of MS Excel
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and inputs from multiple partners
- Self-starter with interest in working in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interest in international development operations, US Government contracting, and financial management.
- Familiarity with finance concepts and analysis
- Ability to communicate with international partners
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link to our Careers site: Pricing & Budgeting Assistant
Closing date: 10/3/2022