Deadline: 31st of May 2022
Duty station: Kabul, Afghanistan
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Background information – Job-specific
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Project, the Procurement Advisor leads a team of procurement specialists responsible for the procurement component of the project. The Procurement Advisor is responsible for procurement planning and preparation, and for managing all stages of procurement processes.
- Implementation of procurement processes
- Procurement and supply chain management
- Contract administration and management
- Personnel management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- An advanced university degree (e.g. Masters) in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, International Development, Finance, Business/Public Administration, Public Policy, Accounting or other is required. A first-level university degree (e.g. Bachelor) in combination with 2 additional years of progressively relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- An Accredited Level III Certificate in Procurement from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing or equivalent is an asset.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional procurement experience including implementation of complex procurement projects is required.
- Experience in a leading local or global provider of management advisory or consulting services to the public sector is an asset.
- Experience working at leadership level in or with government or international financial institutions or other international development organizations is highly valued.
- Experience with Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Experience in developing countries or a post-conflict context is an advantage.
- Knowledge of procurement within the context of Afghanistan is highly valued.
- Proficiency in English is required.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-3 Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
How to apply
In order to apply please follow this link.