The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Procurement and Finance Specialist position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
The Procurement and Finance Specialist coordinates financial accounting, compliance, and administrative systems, ensuring compliant subcontract management and solid financial and administrative operations for all project activities. The Procurement and Finance Specialist is part of the Project Support Group and reports to the Deputy Chief of Party for Strategic Partnerships and Operations. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility for a remote work option.
* Under the direction of the DCOP, coordinates with finance and contracting teams to assure streamlined financial reporting and adherence to Tetra Tech and USAID standards and administrative policies.
* Works with DCOP to develop all contractual financial reporting, tracks project expenses and develop financial projections.
* Works with DCOP and Project Management Team to address all subcontracting needs, including local subcontracts.
* Works with DCOP and Project Management Team to process procurement of goods and services for project activities, as needed.
* With DCOP, assures compliance and streamline administrative support.
* Works with Operations Assistant to assure timely reporting, financial analysis, and compliance and manage timely administrative and logistical support across activities and teams.
* Other support as required.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, financial management, or a relevant field.
* At least 5 years of experience working in administration and finance with international organizations providing technical services.
* Demonstrated experience in accounting, payroll, procurement, and logistical services.
* Expertise managing compliant subcontracts for USAID projects required.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Experience and skills using cloud-based project management and finance tools, including Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and 365, QuickBooks, and other systems.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* French, Spanish, or other language proficiency preferred.
* U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/procurementspecialistCASA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.