Feed the Children
Job Purpose The Procurement and Logistics Manager will report directly to the DCOP and will work closely with senior management and technical team leads in supporting and overseeing procurement and logistics services from a management perspective to ensure required supplies of commodities, facilities, and service needs for program activities are mobilized efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Manage the entire process in the planning of commodities procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of commodities using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Ensure full compliance with procurement rules and regulations and FEED procurement policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that the prices paid for commodities are in line with local market prices.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection, and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Ensure transparent and competitive procurements are conducted and properly documented as required, and in compliance with USAID s/he plans, organizes and leads the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing RFQ, RFP, RFI, Tenders, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding clients on processes involved; call for and oversee selection committees to review applications and select vendors s/he ensures the integrity of the competitive process, facilitates bidder debriefings where necessary, and exercises appropriate judgment and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information.
- Prepare service delivery contracts, leases and purchase orders for all acquisition needs.
- Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system s/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s suppliers;
- Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times.
- Perform other assigned functions within their area of expertise.
Required Qualifications, knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.A. required/Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Professional certification and membership of a reputable procurement and supplies body are highly desirable.
- Minimum 5-7 years project procurement management experience, preferably in a health/nutrition-related project and including service procurements.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID and its contractual, procurement and reporting requirements required.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants.
- Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power point, and electronic mail).
How to apply
To Apply for this position visit: