Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer PRF-2204-01003- 279
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Last date for application: May 2nd, 2022
Program section, Project Finance section, Finance section, & Grant section.
General objective of the position:
The Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for administering all procurement-related activities, including the follow-up of deliveries to the field offices/warehouses.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Processes, assists, and manages general procurement needs in accordance with donor guidelines and in accordance with US and Turkish laws when relevant.
• Works closely with grants and projects’ departments to plan and coordinate procurements needs.
• Creates requests for quotes, drafts bids, and organizes all bid documentation for goods and services.
• Obtain quotes from vendors and serves as the focal point for communication with all vendors.
• Ensure that all bids are received by the deadline and that all necessary information and documentation from the vendor is obtained.
• Ensures that all bids are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
• Negotiates for the best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
• Evaluates bids from proposals and prepares bid analysis documents and submits all bid analysis and all pertinent information to the country office
• Assists with the selection of equipment and consumables that fit within the criteria decided upon by the SAMS technical advisors, including criteria for quality, price range, country of origin, and brand.
• Maintains complete and updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system. The procurement and logistics officer will also work closely with the finance and grant teams to ensure all needed documentation for grant financial reports, including, invoices, signed receipts, shipping and handling papers, and anti-terrorist compliance checks are correct and properly stored and archived.
• Monitors and coordinates the deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to the agreed-upon destination.
• Prepare the documents needed by the authorities for the procured items delivered from Turkey to Syria.
• Prepare the needed reports for the procured items, such as delivery reports, distribution reports, and consumption reports.
• Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
• University degree in Accountancy, Economics, Business Management or any other related field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Procurement and Logistics, or Compliance, marketing and Contracting.
• Upper-intermediate written and spoken in Arabic
• Intermediate written and spoken English
• Intermediate written and spoken Turkish
• Procurement Management
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PP)
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.